Fitbit with MFP

Options
2»

Replies

• volamena
    Options
    Hi,
    I set my activity level on "sedentary" on both mfp and fitbit. I try not to forget my fitbit when I leave in the morning and it's that easy!
    I log everything on mfp (food, activity) and depending on how active I am during the day I get a calorie adjustment or not.
    remember you have to press the start/stop button on your fitbit when you start/finish exercising such as running, swimming, cycling..
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I also log everything on MFP. Since both accounts are linked, they adjust back and forth amongst themselves. I do not turn my stop watch on or off when exercising because when I log the exercise on MFP, it will ask me for time of day and duration of exercise. Fitbit uses that information to back out my activity during that time to avoid double entry of exercise. It's a pretty smart tool!
  • ralevin
    ralevin Posts: 131 Member
    Options

remember you have to press the start/stop button on your fitbit when you start/finish exercising such as running, swimming, cycling..

Is this the same on the Fitbit One? There's only one button, and it just switches displays. If I hold it, it goes into sleep tracking mode.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bump
  • volamena
    Options

Is this the same on the Fitbit One? There's only one button, and it just switches displays. If I hold it, it goes into sleep tracking mode.

I don't know about the one, I have the ultra but there's also 1 button. but yes it's like the sleep mode. then you have to log your activity on mfp, with start and finish time.
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SunnyStef
    SunnyStef Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit too and I love it. But I'm so confused! On my work days, I walk anywhere from 12,000 to 18,000 steps. Why should I have to use the sedentary setting?? I don't get it. I do not eat the extra calories it allows.