Such a thing as 'too much' exercise?

Options
I started the 30 Day Shred this week by Jillian Michaels and it is challenging but only 20 minutes. By the time I am done recovering I just want to keep going and do something else as well. I have P90X and I was wondering if I might start incorporating an extra workout on the days I am not super sore or low on energy from 30 Day Shred, such as Plyometrics, Ab Ripper, or Kenpo from P90X, if it would be too much exercise for my body.

It might be a stupid question, but I feel so much more energetic than I have ever felt and I think I could benefit from the extra amount of exercise. Is there such a thing as too much exercise? Also, I plan not to go so intensely that I injure myself, but would I need to up my intake of calories to help keep my energy levels up for the days I do two workouts? Or am I better off sticking to my current caloric goal?

By the way, I have a goal daily of around 1470-1500 calories, which is about 15-20% less than my calculated TDEE. Also the reasoning for my wanting to workout more is that I had hit a stagnant weight range between ten pounds for almost two months, I would lose a little then gain that little bit back, so on and so forth within that range.

Replies

• PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    "Too much exercise" is what happens when you have more activity than you are capable of recovering from. You're doing cardio and not feeling it's enough, so how about adding strength training? (JM and P90 are not strength training)
  • PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I didn't think about strength training since I made the assumption that I was get enough strength training from the shred. Thank you for the advice!!