Diet and shift work...

BigdaddyJ
BigdaddyJ Posts: 357
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello all!

I work shift , 6-6 day for 2 weeks then 6-6 days for 2 weeks....i find de shift changes very difficult on the diet, seems i'm always hungry at the wrong time!!

Please reply if you have tips or wanna share experience!

Cheers!

Replies

• I have this same problem. I alternate days and evenings, and in order to help regulate my eating on off shift, I eat first thing in the morning and then every three hours after that. I carry little snacks (like bags of pretzels or carrot sticks) to eat while at work.
  • jenng38
    jenng38 Posts: 105
    well I have the same problem, I work 7 am to 7 pm but only on weekends I don't do it everyday THANK GOD!! but I just have to plan everything and it is a pain but I bring my food to work, including dinner because by the time I get home its too late to eat a meal. Sometimes I buy those convenience foods and bring them to work to heat in the micro. It's hard, I know! but I am just starting so it's not like I can say "ya I've been doing this and I've lost 50 lbs!!" but I think if you just plan really well you will do fine. good luck!
    5010 Posts: 59
    Shifts are a real pain when trying to lose weight ,i work nights so i tend to take a banana in and options drinks that stops me eating rubbish .I would say take a packed lunch in that way you will stay on track .
  • BigdaddyJ
    BigdaddyJ Posts: 357
    if I follow my eating schedule, since I woke up at 2 PM today:

- brakfast at 2:30
    -snack at 5
    -lunch at 7:00
    -snack at 9:00
    -supper at 11:00!!!

Am I the only one who thinks that doen't make any sence!!!
This discussion has been closed.