Baking with Sugar Free Torani or Da Vinci Syrups?

Options
Has anyne tried replacing some or all of the sugar in baked goods with the lfavored sugar free Torani or Da Vinci syrups? I know they can be used for that purpose because they are made with Spelenda which is heat stable. The Da Vinci website has some recipes but I'm wanting to adapt some of my favorites and am not sure how much of the sugar to replace with the syrup or if I can replace it all...and how I need to adjust the liquids in the recipes to compensate for the syrup. Any thoughts?

Cari

Replies

• EmilyStrick
    Options
    if they use splenda to sweeten, i would assume that you could follow the splenda guidelines for any changes in amounts...just remember that, like sugar, you'll want to add them in with the wet ingredients. another option would be to try honey or agave syrup. both have lower glycemic indexes, as well as lower caloric content than sugar, but more nutrients than artificial sweeteners. oh, and stevia is another great sugar replacement that is healthier than artificial sweeteners, and it will normally tell you on the package what amounts to use to replace sugar in recipes!