Quitting smoking and the last 7 lbs.....

Options
Soooo....I am finally getting into the mind space of quitting smoking...I had quit for two years when I was pregnant, and started again about 5 years ago. :( I gained a huge amount of weight with my pregnancy which I'm sure that quitting smoking had contributed to!

I had also quit 2 years ago using Zantac for 2 weeks and gained 10 lbs. I started back up double quick after that!

I have always been up and down with my weight loss and eating habits, have worked out for years, but have really taken it much more seriously the last 6 months or so. I do a pretty intense bootcamp class lifting heavy at least 3 times a week and have completed the C25K program, doing 5km runs and sprint intervals about 3 times per week. I usually take 1 day for rest.

No one is more surprised than I am that I've become a 'runner'! Especially as a pack per day smoker and at 40 years old!! :)

I have calculated my calories based on TDEE and BMR numbers, and feel that I am eating in a lifestyle change / sustainable way. I am excited to have found this way of eating after years of crash / yo-yo dieting those same 10-20 lbs!

I know all of the health benefits of quitting outside of the vanity issues so no need to list those for me. The health benefits are my motivator.

My questions are to those who have successfully quit (I am going to try the patch this time around):

- did you make any specific adjustments to your existing eating plans? did you lower calories or keep them the same?

- were you already at your goal weight when you quit?

- were any of you on the last 5 lbs when quitting? were you able to continue with your weight loss / fitness goals?

Thanks to all who are willing to share their experience!! And congrats to all who have broken free of this addiction!!