Charity Water: Using it as motivation.

HealthyKt78
HealthyKt78 Posts: 439
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I have started a campaign with charity water. Since we on MFP are so dedicated to drinking our water everyday I thought this would be the place to start asking for donations. Imagine if you couldn't get your 8 glasses of water everyday because you had to walk miles to a river and when you got to the river the water was dirty. So dirty that it's not even good to drink. Charity water donates 100% of their donations to building wells and other clean water facilities in areas that don't have access to clean water. I would like to tie my campaign to my weight loss. I pledge to log food everyday and update my weight every week. For the week I update my weight if even one person would go to the website and donate 1 dollar for each pound I lost it will make a difference. My goal is 500 dollars. 5,000 is enough to build a clean water facility but I only have 3 months to raise the money so I'm going to start small and if I hit 500 I will increase the goal. Obviously I can't lose 500 pounds so if you would like to donate regardless that would be amazing too. Even a dollar will help a child get the clean water we take advantage of everyday. I haven't been losing weight. I've been focusing on other things. I haven't gained in a very long time which is a first in my life but it's time lose it for real now. This will motivate me. Other people are depending on me which is something that has always motivated me in other aspects of my life. This will help me and those way less fortunate than all of us.

Here is the website for my campaign: http://mycharitywater.org/katieweightloss
This discussion has been closed.