Struggling with TOM cravings....

Options
So this is definitely the worst TOM for me. I find that all I want is food! It doesn't matter if it's sweet or salty, just needs to be good :) Wondering what others do to make it through this TOM without caving in.

Replies

• sunnygirl19
    sunnygirl19 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I try and distract myself so I dont think about it too much, drink some water or throw a load of laundry in. If its still on my mind (and its bad) I limit myself so I dont binge. That way I feel I am still satisfying a craving and kinda getting away with something! Good luck :)
  • ellysems
    Options
    I usually eat as healthy as I can for 90% of the month. When I get cravings around my cycle I indulge a responsible amount because, I think, at that time your body just needs a few extra calories to do its business. It is usually just the day before, of, and after I get my period that I get cravings anyway. Instead of eating bad/fatty/sugary foods try taking in extra protein, fiber, and a few extra glasses of water to keep yourself full and moving.
  • xveer22
    xveer22 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Had a day like that today. I've bought carrots. Nearly no calories, so you can eat really many of them and get full!
  • MeABride2B
    Options
    Popcorn is a good low cal salty option.....
    I have a hard time stopping when it comes to chocolate but the fudgesicles are good.....

Just a few thoughts...

It is tough... I'm heading into it now too.