Workouts for Asthmatic?

Options
Asthma, busy schedule, small space (college studio apartment), Oregon resident so it rains constantly so running is out of the question, poor.

So any ideas?
I'm planning on this so far:
Leg lifts - 15, planks for 60 seconds, bicycle crunches - 60, planks for 60 seconds

(For the leg lifts I'm starting at 15 and working my way up 5 more every time I do them.)

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Try some exercise videos. Walmart and Target have a lot for 8-15 bucks. So does Amazon.
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Squats, situps, pushups, jumping jacks, burpees, anything bodyweight works great. Also, in the realm of your plank, add side planks, boat holds, wall sits, other static holds. These are great for strengthening your body.

try doing any of these Tabata style where you push for 20 seconds and rest for 10 seconds for 4 minutes (8 rounds)

If that's too hard for your breathing (I'm an asthmatic, and sometimes I have trouble) slow down. Do what you can at a slower pace for longer times if you need to. Or try to push yourself as hard as you can such that you are doing the same number of moves in the last 20 seconds as you did in the first 20 seconds.