Any Orlistat/Xenical users/past users?

Options
Anyone using orlistat/xenical or used it in the past? How are you finding it/how did you find it?

I started using it on the 24thOct weighing 15st6 - today is 31stOct, with current weight being 15st1. I had lost 6lb (lowest weight 15st0) by the 29thOct but the past two days I put on 1lb (15st1) and then come a halt.

Hopefully when I weigh myself tomorrow morning I would have lost at least that 1lb I put back on on Monday!

Alana

Replies

• truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I didn't like it. I was constantly in the bathroom after starting this medication. It did not matter what I ate either. So I didnot stay on it.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I took it many years ago and had a lot of success with it, but I ate very low fat at the time, so I didnt get any of the nasty side effects.
  • alanacareyb
    Options
    I didn't like it. I was constantly in the bathroom after starting this medication. It did not matter what I ate either. So I didnot stay on it.

Thanks for the reply :)

Lol yeah, I can say I'm not it's biggest fan for the toilet trips but for what I've lost this past week, I'll give it some credit haha. I was talking to my mum about it before I went on it and she reckons that as well as stopping the fat being absorbed into your body from the food you've eaten, it also gets rid of some fat that is already stored in the body; which is why I think, like you, no matter what you eat, to put it nicely, it's always doing something!

How long were you on it for?

I'm definitely staying on this - I have to see my doctor once a month for the next 3 months whilst I'm on it to check how my weight's doing. She wants me to do 5lb in 3 months. According to my scales I've done 5lb in a week - but hers could say something completely different. I'm starting to wonder now though, if it's decided to stop as I put on 1lb two days ago and haven't lost since. Just hope tomorrow morning, I've gone down.
  • alanacareyb
    Options
    I took it many years ago and had a lot of success with it, but I ate very low fat at the time, so I didnt get any of the nasty side effects.

Thanks for the reply, also :)

How long were you on it for? Yeah, as I said above, the side effects aren't the best but, if you have them, at least you know it's still working.

I posted in another topic that MFP has set my calorific intake at 1200 and I hardly ever reach that goal. But, I'm always fulfilled after my meals; I rarely do fatty meals - I started the tablets about a week ago and it seemed to be doing fine until two days ago; put on 1lb and then stayed the same. Hope it changes soon!

But, if it continues to make the weight drop, I'm definitely sticking with it.
  • truddy6647
    truddy6647 Posts: 519 Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply :)

Lol yeah, I can say I'm not it's biggest fan for the toilet trips but for what I've lost this past week, I'll give it some credit haha. I was talking to my mum about it before I went on it and she reckons that as well as stopping the fat being absorbed into your body from the food you've eaten, it also gets rid of some fat that is already stored in the body; which is why I think, like you, no matter what you eat, to put it nicely, it's always doing something!

How long were you on it for?

I'm definitely staying on this - I have to see my doctor once a month for the next 3 months whilst I'm on it to check how my weight's doing. She wants me to do 5lb in 3 months. According to my scales I've done 5lb in a week - but hers could say something completely different. I'm starting to wonder now though, if it's decided to stop as I put on 1lb two days ago and haven't lost since. Just hope tomorrow morning, I've gone down.

the one pound weight gain could be water. Are you upping your water intake. I would suggest 10 8oz glasses a day or more

I was not on it long 2 days, I already have issues with bowels and this just made things worse.
  • alanacareyb
    Options
    the one pound weight gain could be water. Are you upping your water intake. I would suggest 10 8oz glasses a day or more

I was not on it long 2 days, I already have issues with bowels and this just made things worse.

Ah, I never thought that! Um, only maybe an extra drink or so - I usually drink quite a bit of water anyway.

Ooh, I see - yeah, probably not such a good idea to stay on them then!

Well, I shall keep you updated tomorrow as to whether or not I've lost anything! Fingers crossed! :smile:
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I took them for about 6 months and this was maybe 10 years ago....and lost about 30 kilos (60 or so pounds) at the time. When taking them I was doing them in conjunction with weight watchers.
  • alanacareyb
    Options
    I took them for about 6 months and this was maybe 10 years ago....and lost about 30 kilos (60 or so pounds) at the time. When taking them I was doing them in conjunction with weight watchers.

Oh wow, well done. Fingers crossed I can do the same! :tongue: I'd love to do something like weightwatchers but I don't have that kind of money - hence why I've stuck to this. I like MFP because of the whole tracking your food/calories and talking to other people :bigsmile:
  • alanacareyb
    Options
    Definitely plateaued :cry: Update again tomorrow morning :grumble:
  • alanacareyb
    Options
    Meh, still the same. :frown: