Urgent response COCA COLA ZERO

Options
I'm in my office now, and ate a salad with a CocaCola Zero. My friend next to me tells me that the CoKe has calories and I say no, It says it's has zero calories. Is that right? Whose wrong here. Please tell me, I am not adicted to sodas but once in a while I drink Coca Cola Zero with my meal.!

Replies

• Brenna
    Brenna Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You're right. Coke Zero has ZERO calories.

I even double checked as I have a few in my fridge :)

Brenna
  • tntrav44
    tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    According to the food database on MFP, Coke Zero doesn't have any calories! :) Drink up!
  • supercool111
    Options
    its REALLY bad for you though.
  • tessa1981
    Options
    actually they all have calories. Just very mininmal. Coke zero has 0.7 calories for every 8 ounces. Which is less then Diet Coke which has 1 calorie for every 8 ounces.

http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com/mail/goodanswer/soft_drink_nutrition.pdf
  • tessa1981
    Options
    actually they all have calories. Just very mininmal. Coke zero has 0.7 calories for every 8 ounces. Which is less then Diet Coke which has 1 calorie for every 8 ounces.

• tessa1981
    Options

• patnolte
    Options
    Don't forget to log those .7 calories! That'll throw you waay off! :)
  • melanieann48111
    Options
    Don't forget to log those .7 calories! That'll throw you waay off! :)

AHAHAHAHAAA! Excellent.:laugh:
  • cacharra
    Options
    Why is it bad?
  • JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Options
    any of the artificial sweeteners can have bad side effects, such as:
    Aspartame accounts for over 75 percent of the adverse reactions to food additives reported to the FDA. Many of these reactions are very serious including seizures and death.(1) A few of the 90 different documented symptoms listed in the report as being caused by aspartame include: Headaches/migraines, dizziness, seizures, nausea, numbness, muscle spasms, weight gain, rashes, depression, fatigue, irritability, tachycardia, insomnia, vision problems, hearing loss, heart palpitations, breathing difficulties, anxiety attacks, slurred speech, loss of taste, tinnitus, vertigo, memory loss, and joint pain.:sick:

I know any of the artificial sweeteners give me an instant headache:drinker:
  • SarahJoy_79
    SarahJoy_79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Why is it bad?

Anything with artificial sweeteners is bad for you. It's worse for your endocrine system and eventually does more damage to your metabolism than if you were to drink soda with sugar (not high fructose corn syrup). Soda with real sugar is hard to find though. There is a lot of science on this subject, and I know a lot of people like to debate this subject. But the fact is....anything "synthetic" and "artificial" is not meant to go into our bodies and putting foreign things in just confuses the whole process of how our bodies are supposed to function.
  • PrincessSaraMarie88
    Options
    I am no expert...however, artificial sweeteners ("0"Calories) have Aspartame.

"... Aspartame is the common ingredient in all fake sugar, Equal, NutraSweet, Spoonful, etc.... For the most part Aspartame isn't going to hurt you if you have the occasional diet soft drink. However people have had some pretty scary symptoms after drinking Aspartame such as: seizures, breathing difficulties, memory loss, nausea, headaches, and a host of other symptoms. Aspartame can trigger some chronic illnesses as well like: brain tumors, Parkinson's, Diabetes, Multiple Sclerosis, and Epilepsy. I won't get into too much detail on why Aspartame is damaging, but basically Aspartame can build up calcium in certain neurons on your brain, making if difficult for your brain to send messages to various parts of your body via these neurons. The neurons die due to over stimulation."
  • cnbenton
    Options
    Why is it bad?

There's been some recent research that shows that people who drink diet sodas are more likely to gain weight because artificial sweeteners increase cravings and make you more likely to cheat on a diet. Also, some artificial sweetners if consumed in large ammounts have been linked to health problems including brain tumors. I don't want to scare you though. If you are only drinking them occasionally they are probably not a problem. It is people who drink them daily that are most at risk. If having a diet soda now and them helps you stay on track and not feel deprived, then go for it. See the attached article if you want more info.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/weblogs/take-weight/2009/jan/12/diet-soda-doorway-to-weight-gain/
  • tntrav44
    tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Why is it bad?

Anything with artificial sweeteners is bad for you. It's worse for your endocrine system and eventually does more damage to your metabolism than if you were to drink soda with sugar (not high fructose corn syrup). Soda with real sugar is hard to find though. There is a lot of science on this subject, and I know a lot of people like to debate this subject. But the fact is....anything "synthetic" and "artificial" is not meant to go into our bodies and putting foreign things in just confuses the whole process of how our bodies are supposed to function.

Sarah...Pepsi just came out with a "Throwback" version that uses real sugar. I'm not a big pop drinker at all, but if you're looking for real sugar in a soda to indulge a bit, you could try that!
  • SarahJoy_79
    SarahJoy_79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Why is it bad?

Sarah...Pepsi just came out with a "Throwback" version that uses real sugar. I'm not a big pop drinker at all, but if you're looking for real sugar in a soda to indulge a bit, you could try that!

I actually saw that a few days ago! I personally don't like soda either, it's too sweet for me...however I think it's great that companies are starting to realize that people want to go back to the more natural way of eating and at least putting that option back out there again!
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    Coke Zero's the ONLY diet soda I can stand drinking, mostly because it doesn' t have the nasty diet aftertaste. However, I'm not concerned about adverse reactions because of the artificial sweetener; I am proud to say I've cut back to less than one Coke Zero per day! Gotta get my caffeine fix in every morning!:laugh: :laugh: I doubt I'll ever give that one soda per day up.
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    Why is it bad?

I actually saw that a few days ago! I personally don't like soda either, it's too sweet for me...however I think it's great that companies are starting to realize that people want to go back to the more natural way of eating and at least putting that option back out there again!
    '
    Too bad they are saying "for a limited time only"....
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    I LOVE coke zero!

Hardly any cals and no sugar :) Am drinking it as I type lol