Cross Fit

Options
tinak33
tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
I just signed up for Cross Fit. Has anyone done this? How intense is it? What results have you seen?

Replies

• eckabad
    eckabad Posts: 49
    Options
    I haven't done it, but one of my friends have. She said that it was really intense, and she cried some here and there, but the results I've seen in her have been AMAZING! Good luck! Don't give up when it's hard!
  • hippietrailbadass
    Options
    It looks really good just make sure you get a good coach who will explain the compound movements well. Do things at your pace and you'll do great!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for Cross Fit. Has anyone done this? How intense is it? What results have you seen?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/AggieCass09/view/healing-updates-440393
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Been doing CrossFit for 5 months. I started out 2x/week and I recently increased to 3x/week. If I did not have 4 children / work full time, etc I would do it 5-6 times/ week.
    I personally love CrossFit!
    When I first started going if the WOD looked difficult, I wouldn't go. Now if the WOD looks difficult, I cannot wait to go and I will sometimes change my scheduled days around to go on days that I know are going to kill me.
    You can scale back certain workouts and work your way up.
    I cannot do certain things yet but there is always a scaled version of it and I notice myself getting stronger every week.
    It is a challenge to find a person on the board and your goal to 'beat' them. But really, you are just working on beating yourself, improving your time, number of reps, weight, etc.
    I would recommend CrossFit to ANYONE!!!!!
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options

No offense, but what's the point of this?
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I have forged fitness that is elite
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options

No offense, but what's the point of this?

Go to the main Crossfit website, people are CONSTANTLY getting hurt doing crossfit.
  • Plates559
    Options
    OP there is a search option near the top of this topic.

Use the words "crossfit"
  • shannysgirl
    Options
    My husband and I did a Crossfit bootcamp two summers ago with great results. It was considered a "beginner" program so we were going twice a week.

I recently started going twice a week again and it is defnitely not easy, but your only competitor is yourself. So if you want to see results its only up to you to push yourself harder. No one will yell at you or get mad at you if you have to stop or slow down so that's the beauty of it.

In my case, the results really started becoming obvious when I combined eating better with the cross fit.

I've fallen off the wagon for the last couple of months with food but I'm excited to start eating well again and sticking to my cross fit. Good luck to you!
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    It has great benefits but I advise you to get a good trainer that will teach you proper form for the lifting, THEN add the timed aspect once you have your form down. It's easy to get injured if you don't do it right, but it does give good results! I love the fact that no workout is the same. Very diverse so it keeps you from getting bored!

Good luck!
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I have forged fitness that is elite

Just like this guy?

crossfit1-300x228_zps153cab33.jpg
  • Plates559
    Options
    Was Glassman ever good at anything? or is he just a really good salesman?
  • PicklePlum
    PicklePlum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    It has great benefits but I advise you to get a good trainer that will teach you proper form for the lifting, THEN add the timed aspect once you have your form down.
    ^^

I love it! I have a blast doing it and have gotten leaner. Some days are definitely more intense than others, and it keeps things interesting.
  • FullOfWin
    Options
    Hmm well lets see

It isn't the cheapest way to do anything

It isn't the best way to get bigger

It isn't the best way to get stronger

It isn't the best way to build cardiovascular endurance

It isn't the best way to lose weight.

It isn't the best way to increase flexibility\mobility.

It IS the best way to get better at Crossfit.

So, if your top goal is specifically to get better at Crossfit, it is the greatest. If you have any other fitness goals, it isn't.
  • Plates559
    Options

So, if your top goal is specifically to get better at Crossfit, it is the greatest. If you have any other fitness goals, it isn't.

Unless you want to win the Crossfit games, then don't do crossfit, the ones that win don't do it either.
  • FullOfWin
    Options

Unless you want to win the Crossfit games, then don't do crossfit, the ones that win don't do it either.

O well. I tried to throw it a bone.
  • Plates559
    Options

O well. I tried to throw it a bone.

Hey at least paleo is tast--- eh never mind.
  • FullOfWin
    Options
    Wonder what this guy would say about paleo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bJZsWbhmxfA
  • Plates559
    Options
    Can't use youtube, synopsis?
  • FullOfWin
    Options
    Can't use youtube, synopsis?

no such thing as clean eating, you can get your micros from 400-500 cals of veggies and fill the rest with pizza and ice cream if you want