A Healthy Diet

Options
Breakfast: Big Bowl of oats with milk but no sugar.

Snack: 1 fruit

Lunch: Protein(Chickpeas, lentils, navy beans, black beans ,eggs, tuna or skinless chicken) + salad

Supper: Protein(Chickpeas, lentils, navy beans, black beans, eggs, tuna or skinless chicken) + dark green vegetables

Drink 2 litres of water a day
No refined sugar in any form
No refined carbs

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

Lunch: Protein(Chickpeas, lentils, navy beans, black beans ,eggs, tuna or skinless chicken) + salad

Supper: Protein(Chickpeas, lentils, navy beans, black beans, eggs, tuna or skinless chicken) + dark green vegetables

No refined carbs
    '

Healthy foods to be sure!.....but it doesn't seem to add up to enough calories?? What's your estimate?
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Now isn't this an exciting way of eating with heaps of variety!!!!
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    nope. try again
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Just reading that makes me want to punch myself in the face
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I eat more than that for breakfast....
  • mulderpf
    mulderpf Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    The topic seems wrong? It should be "A diet where you will either die of starvation or boredom".
  • HollyEvans84
    Options
    Where is your protein for breakfast?? You can't have just carbs for breakfast.

You are on the right track but you can be MUCH more creative and you can probably eat MORE. It is good though that you are snacking and getting a lean protein with veggies for lunch and dinner. Now just get creative and find different veggies and protein and experiment with different ways to cook them. :)
  • rickerred12
    Options

No refined carbs
    More water would be good. Be careful of tuna it has a lot of mercury in it and mercury accumulates in fat cells and cannot be removed. What are the amounts for your foods.

http://www.ewg.org/tunacalculator

Results for a female weighing 120 pounds:
    (Assuming you eat no other seafood)
    Albacore:

According to FDA health standards, you can safely eat 3.8 ounces of Albacore tuna per week (assuming that every can of tuna has an average amount of mercury*). That's two thirds of a can of tuna. Albacore tuna has three times as much mercury as light tuna.
    Light Tuna:

According to FDA health standards, you can safely eat 10.9 ounces of Light tuna tuna per week (assuming that every can of tuna has an average amount of mercury*). That's 1 and three quarters cans of tuna.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Oh My! I would not do well eating like this. I need variety and volume!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Just reading that makes me want to punch myself in the face

HHAHA this..
    I would never stick to a lifestyle change that looked like that, but that's just me.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    What's the point of this thread, anyways? Hahahahaha.
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options

You are on the right track but you can be MUCH more creative and you can probably eat MORE. It is good though that you are snacking and getting a lean protein with veggies for lunch and dinner. Now just get creative and find different veggies and protein and experiment with different ways to cook them. :)

I agree with what you say - except for your first statement! You CAN have just carbs for breakfast. I always start the day with a coffee, banana and bowl of porridge, usually with dried fruit in it adding to it's carbiness and it never did me any harm in losing weight!
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Blegh. I hate diets like this!!
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    err.. this doesn't sound good or appealing at all.. :( I would definitely give up on my healthy ways if I had to eat this.
  • HollyEvans84
    Options

I agree with what you say - except for your first statement! You CAN have just carbs for breakfast. I always start the day with a coffee, banana and bowl of porridge, usually with dried fruit in it adding to it's carbiness and it never did me any harm in losing weight!

Just curious, How many cups of coffee do you have a day?

My point was not that carbs in the morning would hinder weight loss (although I don't think it would exactly "help" weight loss either), my point was that only carbs in the morning is not a good start to the day for your body. When you start with only carbs it gets your brain off to a foggy start and that is what tends to cause people to drag in the mornings. You should aim for equal amounts of protein and carbs to truly get your body off to a good and healthy start.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Honestly you could eat a lot more variety and quantity of food and STILL have a healthy diet!
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    The protein for breakfast is the milk.

I followed a strict plan like this for 9 months and lost 43kg - it was about 1200 cal. It might seem boring to some people but some people thrive predicability. You really need to ensure the portions are big enough though. My portion sizes were something like: oats 2 oz, milk or yoghurt 1c, salad 6oz + cooked veges 6oz for both lunch and dinner, protein 4oz, fruit for breakfast and lunch, carbs (brown rice, sweet potato etc) 4oz with lunch.

Good luck.
  • Chobbes
    Chobbes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Seems healthy if your caloric intake is enough for your body weight and gender and you have no underlying health issues.
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options

My point was not that carbs in the morning would hinder weight loss (although I don't think it would exactly "help" weight loss either), my point was that only carbs in the morning is not a good start to the day for your body. When you start with only carbs it gets your brain off to a foggy start and that is what tends to cause people to drag in the mornings. You should aim for equal amounts of protein and carbs to truly get your body off to a good and healthy start.

Just the one cup of coffee... that's all I need.

I think it's just one of those things that can't be a blanket statement, your point is too exclusive and doesn't fit a good chunk of people. You CAN have just carbs (although as someone else pointed out, there is protein in milk) I think my usual breakfast has about 9g of protein, which was always fine for me. In fact, I make a point to have all of my carbs in the earlier part of the day and taper them off so that my evening meals are protein heavy, I never faced any problems with weightloss doing this and don't really face any now in maintenance either. I realise the argument is a little petty as it basically falls into schematics, what you say has truth in it, but it CAN'T be applied as a fact or norm.
  • HollyEvans84
    Options

Just the one cup of coffee... that's all I need.

I think it's just one of those things that can't be a blanket statement, your point is too exclusive and doesn't fit a good chunk of people. You CAN have just carbs (although as someone else pointed out, there is protein in milk) I think my usual breakfast has about 9g of protein, which was always fine for me. In fact, I make a point to have all of my carbs in the earlier part of the day and taper them off so that my evening meals are protein heavy, I never faced any problems with weightloss doing this and don't really face any now in maintenance either. I realise the argument is a little petty as it basically falls into schematics, what you say has truth in it, but it CAN'T be applied as a fact or norm.

I agree with you that I shouldn't have been so vague in my first statement but if you will go back and look at my last reply. My reference to the fact that you shouldn't have just carbs in the morning is not necessarily for weight loss. The purpose for aiming for equal amounts of carbs and protein in the morning is simply to get your body and brain off to a great start! Rev up your metabolism and keep your brain functioning well until lunch time. Too many carbs in the morning is what causes most people to need 2-5 cups of coffee to get going in the morning. Typically when you find someone that drinks coffee until noon, they either don't eat breakfast at all or eat mainly carbs and sugar. I recommend this more for overall body function not just for weight loss. ;) Not trying to argue, hope you don't take it like that!