Another Question

Options
If I put that I exercise 5 days a week for 60 minutes in the settings diet and fitness area should I also be entering this exercise in my food diary.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I like to set it that I'm sedentary and then add my exercise in. That way I know exactly what I've really done and I'm not overeating because I said I was going to exercise and didn't. That way it's my decision if I eat exercise or not. If you put it into your TDEE then no you shouldn't eat it because it's already been accounted for.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should enter it into your exercise diary. The section you are talking about is simply a goal you set for yourself. It does not change your calorie allotment until you actually do the exercise and enter it. You can play around with it if you want to and see - put in 1 day, 30 minutes or 5 days, 30 minutes - it doesn't change your calories.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Yes you should. The exercise is your GOAL and doesn't go into calorie calculations. The exercise you DO goes into your calorie calculations.

Set yourself at sedentary. Log your exercise. Eat your exercise calories.

Good luck!
  • Pickypeggy
    Options
    Thanks Veganbaum I did play around and it did not change the calories so it looks like you do add your exercise to the food diary.