Wearing uggs while doing yoga?

Options
Okay, I personally don't do yoga, but I noticed a trend in the yoga classes at the gym: So many ladies where uggs to yoga class! Not just the beginner yoga-ers but some people who come all the time as well. What is the reasoning behind this? lol.

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    They like ugly shoes?
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5RdT1LWAgK-DxhDSuJsAMvMATjzGyeaXzzj4ztP4Ol6RMZNwRnAz9gsYL
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    That's so strange....why would anyone wear boots while doing yoga? I'm surprised the instructor permits it. How do they hold some of the poses with huge boots on? I gave in to the Uggs and I love mine...but not for yoga.
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8m9x957BL1qhpuilo1_500.gif
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    maybe they want their feet top be warm? i personally wear toe socks with grippers on the bottom when i do yoga. i like my feet to be warm :happy:
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I can only imagine the funk that would permeate the air should the instructor require them to come off. :sick:
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about how much I sweat during my yoga practice.... I think they would leak if I wore Uggs....
  • paleirishmother
    Options
    maybe they want to annoy you enough to post in a forum about it.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Wow I have no idea. Yoga is meant to be done barefoot so yeah this seems really odd.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    What the what? It snows here and you don't even see that.

Yoga pants and Uggs sounds like a fashion travesty.
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    That seems really weird to me. You should stop and ask someone there one day. Now I'm curious! :)
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Maybe they are trying their own weird little version of hot yoga? lol. Extra padding = extra sweat?
    Or one lady did it, and everyone else just figured it was the thing to do!
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    How weird o.O not sure! Haven't seen it
  • Everythin2Lose
    Options
    Saturday mornings when I crawl out of bed to head in for my yoga class... I wear my uggs sometimes (now it's hitting summer not so much)... but I walk into class and they come off- Yoga is barefoot!! Can't imagine how much these people would be in pain..... wowza!
  • simba01
    simba01 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I can only imagine the funk that would permeate the air should the instructor require them to come off. :sick:

ROFL :laugh:

Hopefully they take the Uggs off once class starts!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Perhaps they are like the teens who wear slippers as normal footwear outside? I personally can't stand anyone in uggs or slippers..... the smell would be horrid.
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    maybe they want to annoy you enough to post in a forum about it.

Im not annoyed just curious. Seems like a "thing" here. All the responses made me LOL. Thanks guys.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    The yoga class that I've gone to doesn't allow anyone to wear shoes.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    This sounds for a recipe for breading fungi bacteria and stinky stuff.