Dining Out

Options
I've been using the site for a few weeks now and I've done pretty well and lost 7lbs so far, but tomorrow night I'm going out to dinner to an Italian restaurant and wouldn't mind some advice on what would be good to eat. I don't want to blow all my hard work for the sake of one family meal!!

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I would suggest 2 things. One try to check out the website if available for where you are going. If thier nutritional information is not available check out something like Olive Garden that is.

The second thing is eat only half the portion and bring home the other half, or share with a child.

Good Luck.
  • jsturman
    jsturman Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    linguini w/marinara is always a good choice, no meat...............
  • Kdyer
    Kdyer Posts: 4
    Options
    They don't have a website but I'll definately try the Olive Garden you suggested, thank you for the advice.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Order something grilled and try to eyeball only one cup of the pasta and eat that. Get a marinara sauce, no creamy ones. Get a salad to start with a light dressing or balsamic vinegar. If they offer whole wheat pasta, get that instead. Ask that they prepare whatever you order with no oil or butter (they sneak that stuff in there). Try a "sauce" that is packed with vegetables (but ask for light/no oil/butter). It's tricky but can be done. Good luck!
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    I would suggest 2 things. One try to check out the website if available for where you are going. If thier nutritional information is not available check out something like Olive Garden that is.

The second thing is eat only half the portion and bring home the other half, or share with a child.

Good Luck.

I agree. Usually my sister and I will share a meal - especially something italian because it's soo good and I could eat it all up! Or if she's not with me, I'll eat half of my meal and put half in a to-go box.
  • DTFaaron
    Options
    Order a chicken breast plate that isn't fried and dipped in batter. Grilled. and avoid the bread. Also order a appetizer salad with light dressing for starters. that'll fill you up. Then take half of the main dish home (it'll be easier to do that because you had the salad). NO BREAD.
  • Kdyer
    Kdyer Posts: 4
    Options
    Thank you everyone, most helpful!
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I always get a salad as an app. that way I will already be a little full. I also eat only half my meal I will even ask for a to go box at the beginning so I can divide it out before I start eating. Also avoid bread and fried and breaded meats. Eating out can be part of a diet you just have to plan it out a little before hand.