Looking for encouragement/motivation

Options
I am new to this - my 21 y/o daughter got me started. Last year, my husband and I got into exercising together and were doing very well until stress hit. Needless to say, we both put back on all the weight we lost. I am trying to refocus and remotivate - my goal is to do a half-marathon later this fall. Looking for words of wisdom from those who have been successful.

Replies

• DTFaaron
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. I lost 20 lbs last year and gained it all back. What I do is diet and work out for 6 days and have a cheat day. That's my prize for busting my as* all week. I've lost 18 lbs so far. good luck! YOU CAN DO IT!
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    My "words of wisdom" are these:

:heart: . You are not on a "diet" - which implies a temporary condition- you are making a lifestyle change.

:heart: You are doing this, not only for yourself, but for all of your family and the others that love you.

:heart: You will take it one day at a time. Sometimes you will take 2 steps forward, and one step back. But never let yourself take more than one step back for every two steps forward.

:heart: Your attitude is your most important weapon in the fight to lose weight. And no one but you can control your attitude.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    My "words of wisdom" are these:

:heart: . You are not on a "diet" - which implies a temporary condition- you are making a lifestyle change.

:heart: You are doing this, not only for yourself, but for all of your family and the others that love you.

:heart: You will take it one day at a time. Sometimes you will take 2 steps forward, and one step back. But never let yourself take more than one step back for every two steps forward.

:heart: Your attitude is your most important weapon in the fight to lose weight. And no one but you can control your attitude.

:flowerforyou: Well said!:flowerforyou:
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Two things, EXERCISING AND EATING HEALTHY work. You have to put in the work. Do not look for a quick fix! Because the faster you use it, the faster you can gain it back. Make it a life style. You will get frustrated at times and you will want to quit, but try and focus on why you are doing this (hint: half-marathon).
    I have a picture that I look at every time I want to skip a day of working out. The picture is me at 160lbs, lean mean muscle machine. That’s my motivation.
    YOU CAN DO IT!!
    MFP also motivates you. When you see ppl post their before and after pictures, you’ll be amazed.