Mindless eating

Options
I am right now mindlessly eating pomegranite seeds. It isnt that I am really hungry but just that even though I had breakast, lunch, and dinner, and a snack they were all very low calorie and I still have over 800 calories left for the day. I didnt intentionally go super low cal today it just worked out that way. It seems silly to eat when am not really hungry. In fact that is one of the behaviors I am trying to correct but I frequently find myself with a lot of calories left at the end of the day. I would say at least a third of the time. Will it really hurt me if I dont eat them all.

Replies

• kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on how many calories it takes to maintain yourself - BMR.
    I try to divide my calories evenly, about 335 per meal (4 per day) plus save 100 for a bedtime snack.
  • km202
    km202 Posts: 112
    Options
    No. If you are not hungry, don't just eat to get in your calories.
    If you find that you are way under on your calories a lot of the time, try to find some small add-ins that will help boost your calories intake - avocado, nuts, cheese, things like this that you can easily add to your foods just to bump up the calorie intake.

Sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the good work!