Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    She's a man baby.
  • lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I think most people have a pretty visceral reaction to her--either love her or hate her. I love her...but I guess I just need tough love. :/ I did 30 DS and lost 18lbs. I'm currently doing her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones DVDs, and though I haven't been doing them more than a few days, I think they're a good workout. I don't have any experience with her kettle bell workouts, so I can't speak the form issues, but the workouts I have done have been good for me and I've seen results!
  • hypocritelecter
    hypocritelecter Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yawning at the remarks on her appearance. She works hard, is dedicated to her field, and her products produce results. As if her appearance changes any of that. That being said, I haven't heard about the kettle bell issue. I find her to be incredibly inspirational and successful- if she's full of herself, I can see why.
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I also have a love/hate relationship with her - I find her annoying, but her videos are tough and effective. I do her Shred it With Weights video and I'm not sure why people crap on it because she does the exact same moves as other kettlebell workouts I've seen. Poor form is a user error, not the video's fault.

However, I will say that I did the regular 30 Day Shred when I was over 200lbs. and out of shape and I developed tendonitis so bad in my knee that I couldn't walk for two weeks. Even though she says (and I quote) "I have 300lb. people who can do jumping jacks" I don't think her workouts are designed for beginners who are significantly overweight because they put too much strain on the knees.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I have a girl crush on her honestly lol. I think she is amazing. She seems like she truly is a beautiful person inside and out.
  • sydneytomunich
    sydneytomunich Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love her. I have 5 of her workout DVDs and get really good results. She's tough, she can be slightly annoying (but who can't), but I also read her book "Unlimited" and I definitely do think her heart is in the right place.
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I won't be doing her kettle bells DVD after doing research, but I love her other DVDs.. They give me results and I have never been injured. They are fairly inexpensive and fun to do. So I see nothing wrong with her. It's not like I buy her books, or anything. I only use her workout DVDs.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Love love love her. I own all of her DVDs and rotate them out five nights a week. I don't care if she's earned a ton of $$$ doing what she does. What she has done to my body has made it all worth it.
  • slshaw23
    slshaw23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say that I like her I have tried different workouts DVD and hers is the first that I have stuck with and is seeing results and her voice I can deal with it she gives me that extra push I need when my head is saying stop and then here she goes saying tis just mental she is right on time with her sayings for me....TEAM Jillian over here:happy:
  • InLaLaLand04
    InLaLaLand04 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I adore her! I would pick her over Bob any day. I am lazy and will quit in a snap. I need someone to yell at me to vet me through a workout and she's doing it. Doing her 30 day shred now and I will be moving on to Ripped in 30. She's not everyone's cup of tea but from what I've seen, she gets results. And I'm hoping for the same. If the personality is all for the money oh well. It works.
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30DS But I find her hillarious! The bit I loved most was...bearing in mind she only does like 2 seconds of anything before moving off to the two girls in the background and discussing their form...so she's stood over one of the girls and she says something like "Look at those abs, those are great abs! But you have to work for them..." My favourite bit, are you ready for it "I would do almost anything to have abs like those!"

Seriously, either the 30DS doesn't live up to it's promise or...she's never actually done her own workout... *giggles* Liking the workout, finding her hilarious. I think you should view ALL workout DVDs with a pinch of salt though. Because they're not actually able to see you they can't help you if you're doing something wrong. It doesn't matter how much they show you, what you're doing and what you think you're doing don't always match up so unless you know and have done virtually everything on the dvds before it doesn't matter how well the DVDs do them, the truth is there's someone doing it wrong anyway.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Honestly. I love her. LOVE HER LOVE HER LOVE HER. I have gotten amazing results from her products. I have tried SOOO many other programs but the only ones that seem to really work for me are hers. Yes, her personality comes off a little rough but I honestly think that is just a character made up for entertainment value. She has a good heart, she's done a lot of work in Haiti and just adopted a baby from there. Her heart seems in the right place. I absolutely love her and I'd love to meet her!
    This^
    But I just want to add why does it matter what is "in her heart"? It is impossible to really know. And regarding form: Her videos are awesome but I have bad knees and ankles so it was up to ME to modify. I was careful and I got great results from 30DS, BFBM, and Ripped in 30. Highly recommend.

ETA another thing I like about her is she's only 5'2" and a straight or rectangle body type same as me. So I use her to inspire me in that way.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30DS But I find her hillarious! The bit I loved most was...bearing in mind she only does like 2 seconds of anything before moving off to the two girls in the background and discussing their form...so she's stood over one of the girls and she says something like "Look at those abs, those are great abs! But you have to work for them..." My favourite bit, are you ready for it "I would do almost anything to have abs like those!"

That always make me laugh, too...ok well smile b/c I am breathing too hard to laugh at that time!