one arm is stronger than the other

Options
What do I do about this? For example, when doing bicep curls, my left arm quits at least 2 reps before my right. I'm sure this is due to past surgeries that I have had (and babying that arm during recovery).

Thanks!

Replies

• oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Switch up your *kitten* arm..

lol jk no but for real, if you want them to both be the same strength, then wait for your left arm to reach what your right arm is doing and then increase weight?
  • joeamendiola
    Options
    its actually pretty normal for your dominant hand (arm) to be stronger. Try doing extra reps with the weaker arm to get them even.
  • mzgafford
    mzgafford Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Haha I just measured my arms I one is bigger than the other! I thought it was just me but I would make sense for one to do that because we use one more then the other being left hand or right hand!
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Actually I am the same way and I've never had surgery. I think it's sorta of natural to have one stronger than the other.
  • FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    aside from working out harder until they even out try using your left hand more often in daily tasks switch your mouse hand for awhile. change your fork/spoon hand as well but not while wearing white - just sayin
  • Switch up your *kitten* arm..

lol jk no but for real, if you want them to both be the same strength, then wait for your left arm to reach what your right arm is doing and then increase weight?

Hahaha, gold!
  • Leothelion88
    Leothelion88 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What do I do about this? For example, when doing bicep curls, my left arm quits at least 2 reps before my right. I'm sure this is due to past surgeries that I have had (and babying that arm during recovery).

Thanks!

I had the same problem. Being right handed, my left hand was significantly weaker than my right (esp during pull-ups and bicep curls).
    What I ended up doing was adding more reps to my left arm with a weight where I would feel the burn at like 8 reps (so I did about 12-15 reps). I also did preacher curls whenever I could throughout the week to increase my strength. I did this for about 2months and now they're pretty even.