Hello Everyone

Hello to all! I am new here and looking forward to being apart of your community. My story isn't original. I let myself go. I put everyone and everything else before myself. I ate out too much and told myself I was too busy to exercise. As a result I gained way more then I ever thought I would. I have a very over weight mother. I know at 220 pounds it could be worse. I believe that I can bounce back from this, because I know and I've lived with someone who got to the point of giving up. I can't give up. I can't let myself down.

My high is 235. At least that is the high that I know of. I started working two jobs again. Because I'm on my feet so much more, I don't have the time to eat as bad or as often, and I'm actually trying to eat better and exercise more I am down 15 pounds. That isn't enough but it gives me hope.

I'm looking forward to your support and I hope that I in turn repay all of you with the same.

Replies

• Abby
    Abby Posts: 13
    Hello to all! I am new here and looking forward to being apart of your community. My story isn't original. I let myself go. I put everyone and everything else before myself. I ate out too much and told myself I was too busy to exercise. As a result I gained way more then I ever thought I would. I have a very over weight mother. I know at 220 pounds it could be worse. I believe that I can bounce back from this, because I know and I've lived with someone who got to the point of giving up. I can't give up. I can't let myself down.

My high is 235. At least that is the high that I know of. I started working two jobs again. Because I'm on my feet so much more, I don't have the time to eat as bad or as often, and I'm actually trying to eat better and exercise more I am down 15 pounds. That isn't enough but it gives me hope.

I'm looking forward to your support and I hope that I in turn repay all of you with the same.
  • Abby...this is the first step! I have been doing this for 3 weeks along with starting an exercise program and it really helps to hold you accountable!
  • Keep up the good work! 15 lbs so far is great! For me, it took a few weeks for the weight to start coming off. This site is a great tool, and should help you achieve your goal!

Good Luck!
  • Abby
    Thank you both so much! I'm in a good place to start this new journey and if I'm ever not in a good place my plan is to force it anyway. I'm already checking out the other areas and tools on this site and they are great!!
  • Sunshine779
    Sunshine779 Posts: 5 Member
    Abby,

I'm in about the same place as you (weightwise and everything). My mother is also overweight and sometimes overeating is how we bond it seems, so I know how that is.

If you ever need someone to talk to, let me know!

Good luck
  • Abby
    Hey Sunshine! I find that sometimes eating is the only way to bond with my Mother too. I know what you mean.

I would love to chat sometime. We'll have to keep in touch.