30 mins a day and 5lbs per month anyone interested :)

Options
hi all. i keep floundering on starting up my diet again. i feel that challenges are the best way to motivate me..... :) i know there are other threads already but would like to start another one. i propose 30 mins 5 times a week exercise and a challenge of 5lb loss per month any one care to join me as of tommorrow?

the more the merrier :)

Replies

• Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    im in! challenges keep me motivated.
  • deckerp
    deckerp Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I could use some motivation too. I'll join you if that's OK with you.

I'm pretty good with my 30 min elliptical workout each day (sometimes two a day), but what I need to keep a lid on is my food. I'm in the ballpark but don't make the 1 or 2 pound per week goal.

So far I've lost 10 pounds at the rate of about 2 pounds per month. I'm not half way to my goal yet so this could help jump start me.
  • cardozojoann
    cardozojoann Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!!!:happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Godislove68
    Options
    Im in,I love challange:smile:
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I could use some motivation as well! Count me in.
  • Valentine926
    Options
    Im in as well. I love a challenge they are the best motivators. :happy:

270744.png
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    IM IN:drinker:
  • selinee_81
    selinee_81 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    if everyone gives me there starting weight i`ll keep track of weigh- ins every wednesday if it`s ok with everybody ? what kind of exercise is everybody doing or going to do ? and what shall we name our group ? any suggestions ? :)
  • flipebi
    Options
    Would love to try --- just signed on today, so I am not sure how I will do. I definitely need some OUTSIDE motivation (can't seem to do it on my own...) Here's to a challenge! -- Jen
  • Nmama
    Nmama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I usually weighin on mondays, so today I was 165.5
  • deckerp
    deckerp Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning at about 7am. Today I was 190.
  • cardozojoann
    cardozojoann Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every friday. My weight as of friday i was 171lbs:happy:
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I'll join in with all of you! I've never done a challenge like this before, so I'll give it a go. I'd be so psyched if I lost 5 pounds over the next month. Thanks for setting this up. I weigh in every day...today I was 150.8
  • selinee_81
    Options
    ok guys so as of today we have until the 27th feb to lose 5lbs :) easy as hell :P did everyone do exercise today and if so what was your torture of choice? :) mine was the shred with the lovely jillian although lovely is the opposite of what i was calling her at the time :)

so starting weights so far

Nmama . 165.5
    Deckerp . 190
    Cardozojoan 171
    Yogarunner 150.8 ( welcome to our challenge well there is always a first and i hope that this motivates you ) :)
    selinne_81 176

i didnt eat to well today to be honest not alot of actual food but a hell of alot of junk namely jaffa cakes arghhhh. but heres to a new day tommorrow.
  • selinee_81
    Options
    Would love to try --- just signed on today, so I am not sure how I will do. I definitely need some OUTSIDE motivation (can't seem to do it on my own...) Here's to a challenge! -- Jen
    [/quote)

hey jen welcome :) you`ll do great. being on mfp is a step in the right direction and i find that challenges help as well maybe because i`m competitive :P just take a day at a time and small goals like 5lbs at a time work better than a goal that looks too big from the start.
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    I am TOTALLY in!

Starting weight: 130lbs.(I promise ill get on the scale soon(read my sig:laugh: )
  • selinee_81
    Options
    I am TOTALLY in!

Starting weight: 130lbs.(I promise ill get on the scale soon(read my sig:laugh: )

:) her sinead love the sig, so shall i put 130 as your starting weight or should i wait ?
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    I am TOTALLY in!

:) her sinead love the sig, so shall i put 130 as your starting weight or should i wait ?

You can set it as my starting weight, as I only starting REALLY dieting recently . :flowerforyou: Thanks!
  • elycnan
    elycnan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Very interested! Count me in. :D
  • selinee_81
    Options
    ok so 130 it is :) i`m sure you`ll get to your goal in no time.

hey nancy counted in you have been :)