Does anyone else have a "Try On Day"

Options
Once a month I try certain clothes on to see how I am doing..... Today was my day. I am grinning from ear to ear because ....... 4 Skirts,3 Dresses,2 pairs of jeans and 6 tops... all now comfortably fit :0).... They didn't a month ago. 1 More dress size to go and I will have reached my longed for Goal. Yes it might take me another 6 months to a year ( I have a cruise and a holiday to the Maldive plus Christmas to get thru in the next 6 months) ... but I will get there of that I am absolutely sure.
I have now sorted out the next size down clothes in my wardrobe ready to keep trying on till they fit comfortably.
Have a great day everyone. :smile: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Well done you! :) It's a lovely feeling. I have a couple of pairs of jeans which were a little too snug to be totally comfortable - I am going to try them on in a few weeks and see if there's a difference. Suffice to say I often think clothes are a better guide than the scale!
  • Isabella_De_Santis
    Options
    I haven't started fitting on any of the clothes that i used to wear yet... but i have taken pics of some of my new dresses that i bought (but still can't fit into :cry: ) and look at it on my blackberry everyday so that i can remind myself of what i am working towards. It does help just looking at the pics because i can visualize myself in one of those dresses on xmas day :love:
  • vickiandrews
    vickiandrews Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    That's great. Well done.

Must admit I've put a pair of trousers on this morning and they feel very baggy round my bum. I'm going to have to keep my suit jacket on all day at work so they don't look too bad.

Of course hubby noticed that they were loose and commented on the fact that looked a lot better. Not too sure if that was meant to be a complement but as I was getting ready for work I thought it was a nice thing to say and it's starts you off on the right foot!

xxx
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I have an extra-small girl's skinny Slipknot cropped top (yeah, so I was a bit of a cross-dressing goth as a teen, long long time ago) that I wore when I was 18 and about 6% BF. I wouldn't ever dream of wearing it in public again but I still have it and I'll be a very happy panda when I can put it on and not sag out of it. That's the point at which I'll know the cutting process has finished and I can switch to bulking.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I don't exactly have a try on day but I periodically try on stuff. Yesterday I tried on a corset I bought about 10 years ago and guess what? I don't have to undo the clips to get into it anymore. Hooray for me! My skinny jeans are becoming a bit baggier now as well. I do have a dress that I try on every two weeks because when I bought it it was tight around my stomach. That is the dress I am using to measure my success.
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Yes! I do this. It's one of my favourite past times :) unfortunately my diet has gone of the rails recently but I'm looking forward to getting back in my wardrobe in the nex few weeks and seeing how much better things fit.
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I haven't started fitting on any of the clothes that i used to wear yet... but i have taken pics of some of my new dresses that i bought (but still can't fit into :cry: ) and look at it on my blackberry everyday so that i can remind myself of what i am working towards. It does help just looking at the pics because i can visualize myself in one of those dresses on xmas day :love:

What a fab idea!!! Thanks :)
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I don't do it often but I've been known to have a day where I try on everything I own and get rid of everything I don't wear, don't like, or that doesn't fit, whether too big or too small.

I currently have no skinny wardrobe to go back to so as I lose weight and clothes get too loose I have no choice but to go out and buy new things. And since I don't have a lot of money I have to choose very carefully so I'm not going to end up with an overstuffed wardrobe of stuff I don't wear.
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    This week I moved out all my size 16 (UK) work skirts and moved in my size 14s *bounce* - it feels fantastic! And the size 12s are sat there waiting for me, calling my name, they are getting impatient to come out and play again :laugh:

The great thing about going down a size and wearing clothes that fit is that you look thinner, those baggy clothes don't do you any favours - and as soon as I decide something is too big, that's it, it's out of the house. I'm a bit of a clothes hoarder which is great right now because it means that I have lots of smaller clothes waiting for me to fit into them - but I am finding it surprisingly easy to just get rid of the bigger ones. I'm determined I will never, ever wear them again. Ever. At one point I would have held onto them 'just in case' - there will be NO just in case-ness going on round Nixy Towers this time around :smile:
  • melanie8289
    melanie8289 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Way to go girl keep up the good work. I don't have a try things on day but I'm beginning to think I should *lol*. I did put on a skirt the other day when getting ready for work and I stood looking in the mirror thinking 'this doesn't look right' but couldn't work out why. It took a couple of mins before I realised it was because it was now all big around my hips and just looked baggy when it should have been close fitting. I've never been so happy about having to find something else to wear :smile:
  • PermissionGranted
    PermissionGranted Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have some pants and a shirt i will be able to wear once i reach my goal but im going to the consignment shop to find an outfit for a short term goal. I threw away all of my small clothes when i got bigger. This will be my first time clothes shopping in years.
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I have a favourite pair of Hilfiger trousers, I bought them in TK Max but they were too small for me, then I lost weight when my father sadly passed away, and I wore those trousers for a while, then the comfort eating piled the pounds back on, could not bring myself to throw the trousers out, I reckon I only have around 20 pounds to go... not even tried to pull them up, my arms are not strong enough, nor are the trousers stretchy enough! I will do it!!! :happy:
  • Mrsmartin61
    Options
    Oh, yes, indeed. Just last night I tried on those "target" jeans and a pair of shorts! still a bit uncomfortable to weare out -- but I keep them in sight -- and will be trying them on at two week intervals! :happy:
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    That's a gr8 idea!!!!! I'm going to do this more rather then weigh soo often ; )
  • poeco76
    poeco76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I do this while shopping because I got rid of all my smaller clothes many years ago when they stopped fitting. :O/ It is fun though to be able to fit in to smaller sizes! :O)
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I do this about every 2-3 weeks. Some mornings I decide I am wearing a certain pant and then try them on and they are too big then I have to quickly decide what to wear so now I try on my pants more often and set aside the ones that are too big to take to consignment stores or donate. I've been buying alot of my smaller sized clothing at my local Salvation Army. I go on Saturdays when they have a certain price tag color 49 cents each. I don't try anything on there, take it home and wash in hot water and high heat on the dryer. I usually buy smaller sizes that what I am wearing right now to have ready for when I need them currently wearing size 12's so I am buying size 10's. I just tried on a bunch of size 12 petite pants I bought there a couple weeks ago, they fit but sadly are too short! UGH! I am 5'4" and usually petite length fit and average length is too long. I guess I need to only buy average length now. Least I only paid 49 cents for them and will just re donate them to my local domestic violence women's shelter. I have had to get rid of all my clothes I previous owned after loosing 103 pounds. I have bought a few new items and of course only buy new bras, panties, pjs and shoes. I also go to Goodwill once a while too. I have found brand new clothing items at Salvation Army for 49 cents even coats, original tags still on them. It's really hard for me to pay retail store prices now after only paying $8 plus tax for 16 clothing items! LOL!
    I did take most of my too big clothes to consignment shops in town and what they didn't accept I donated. I have bought a few things from consignment stores too but Salvation Army and Goodwill have the best deals! Check it out if you haven't already.
  • melliebelly77
    Options
    I go into stores and try on smaller sizes to see where I am at, and its awesome when I zip something up when I swore it couldn't fit when I looked at it!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My goal was to wear a certain pair of jeans that I hadn't fit into for about 2 years. I still put them on at least once a week just to remind myself that I can.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!