Our Bleach Cosplay "Hollow"-ween (pic heavy)

Options
UsedToBeHusky
UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
So my kids are really into the Bleach anime. We do homemade costumes every year and this year we decided to do a little cosplay. Of course, many of my friends have been patiently waiting to see pics of this so this thread is for them.

I'm no seamstress (hand-sewn because my sewing machine is apparently broke) so these costumes aren't the best of tailoring, but it was just for one night of pretend so...

Renji Abarai
10iicu8.jpg
My daughter as Renji in cosplay
eah0yw.jpg
2vshz47.jpg

Yachiru Kusajishi (yes I had to Google this, LOL!)
of7o10.jpg
My other daughter as Yachiru in cosplay
2hx22zb.jpg
2cxxa8k.jpg

Yes, we went out in public this way.

6foxn5.jpg

And finally... our pumpkin... (main character - Ichigo)
2lne6p1.jpgvxhvtg.jpg

There you have it! I'm so glad Halloween is over... now on to planning Thanksgiving!

Happy Holiday season, everyone!

Replies

• ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    So cool!!!
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I'm not into Anime, but awesome job on the costumes!! Those are probably the most awesome I've seen!!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    You really did a great job on those, the kids look awesome!
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Very cool!
  • Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    Great work. Esp on the pumpkin.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Excellent
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    It all looks amazing and so much fun!!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    LOVE the Bleach series! and awesome costumes!!...LOVE the Ichigo pumpkin! :)
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    You did a great job! They look great!
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    wow!!!!! youre super mom!! :))
  • GamerGurl729
    GamerGurl729 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I'm so obsessed with Renji. You did an AWESOME job with the costumes. Such a cool parent!

Bleach is still one of my favorite anime series even despite its popularity. I tend to go for the more obscure titles, but this one is just great.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    I'm so obsessed with Renji. You did an AWESOME job with the costumes. Such a cool parent!

Bleach is still one of my favorite anime series even despite its popularity. I tend to go for the more obscure titles, but this one is just great.

My daughter introduced me to it earlier this year. I've become quite obsessed myself. Renji is an awesome character... but let's face it... that show is full of awesome characters. It's hard to pick a favorite.

For those that aren't familiar with it, but are curious, it comes on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim late on Saturday nights.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I approve!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    omg AWESOME!!! you guys look GREAT! i love it. you win the mom award!!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    That is just too cool!
  • TXtstorm
    TXtstorm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Bump - to show my daughter.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Awesome job mom!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    How cool is that??? My husband loves anime, I would have been able to tell you who your kiddos were. They look great!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options
    How cool is that??? My husband loves anime, I would have been able to tell you who your kiddos were. They look great!!

Yes, only one person recognized who they were (besides my daughter's friends), but they didn't care. They loved every minute of it. For me, this is what Halloween is about... being creative, imagination, and enjoying a treat.
  • GamerGurl729
    GamerGurl729 Posts: 286 Member
    Options

My daughter introduced me to it earlier this year. I've become quite obsessed myself. Renji is an awesome character... but let's face it... that show is full of awesome characters. It's hard to pick a favorite.

For those that aren't familiar with it, but are curious, it comes on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim late on Saturday nights.

You're right there are so many amazing characters on that show. I don't know what it is about Renji though... I just like him the best.

I started watching Bleach on Adult Swim as well, but then transitioned to the subtitled versions. :happy: