New to Fitness Pal (needs support)

Options
Just introducing myself... I am trying this out and hope that it is what i am looking for. I am constant dieter having tried every program that has been written as well as WW. I am tired of the word diet but have no boundaries to calorie consumption. I am the type of person that goes into a diet program at 110 percent but then do not follow thru.... I am a binge eater and I eat for emotional reasons, mostly as a feel good "celebration"!! A little thing like it's friday can cause me to stop at the drive thru or order a large pizza. I am also always looking for the convenience and least work involved in food prep, so this coupled with the aforementioned put fast food of some nature in my diet 4 to 5 days a week.. couple that with my no concept for calorie consumption has led me to this point.
i also used to be very active and that seemed to stave off the weight gain but I have become pretty lazy by exercise standards. I do enjoy several activities that involve getting outside but am often sore afterward to the point where i may say that is enough for a year at a time.
I have been eating like this since my late teen years, so that is around 25 years. I really can not pinpoint a reason for it but am open to ideas and ways to overcome the past addictions and go forth on getting healthy!!!!
I have over 100 pounds to lose and have for about a decade although in 2009 I was at my heaviest (a whopping 374lbs) I did manage to lose 100 pounds at the outstart of that and was 268, but then I went up to 304 and down several times from there. I am on my way back up now and am 294 but enough is enough. I was 240 to 250 pounds most of my 20's so when I get there i feel like a champ and never make it lower. My goal is 190lbs and active which at one time was my weight and life accordingly. I am looking for any advice and success stories to keep me motivated!!!

Replies

• jenn11411
    jenn11411 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i have felt a lot of same things and done of the same things you do/did so I hear you! I just joined MFP this week. just keep moving forward, the past is the past! we can do it!
  • SethosTBG
    SethosTBG Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the gang, we have all be there at one point or another. Understand it is not an easy road, but you can do it. Patience, persistence and Dedication is the key. welcome and follow along, observe the tips and eating habits of others that will be your guide.

the first 3 letters in diet are DIE, the object is to eat/consume 4-6 moderate portions throughout the day. In the first month you will probably NOT see results, it takes the body about 3 weeks to adjust to a new regimen. DO NOT weigh yourself everyday, BAD for the mind-can and will discourage. Once a week-I prefer Sat. morning, after the body is woke and before I consume anything-this establishes a baseline. I have more but for now, read learn and live.