Please help before dinner!!!

Options
Could someone calculate a recipe for me?!?!?!?.....the one at sparkpeoplerecipe.com is not recognizing some of the ingredients for some reason!!

2lbs (32 oz) ground venison
1lb (16 oz) Food Club Thin Spaghetti
2lbs (32 oz) Food Club All Natural Traditional Pasta Sauce

I added nothing else (other than a few spices) I browned the venison...poured in spaghetti sauce...simmered..boiled spaghetti noodles and mixed together.....

I need to know how much calories are in a serving and how much a serving will be!!! Thank you so much!!
I'm gonna keep trying I was just hoping someone else may be able to do it quicker!!!!

Replies

• kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I just looked up the items on the MFP site. You just need to add them together and figure out how many portions you're going to eat. I'm not sure if you're doing the cheese or meat pasta sauce so I picked the meat...10 calories more per serving than the cheese. Hope this helps.

Nutrition Facts
    Edit Food Club - Pasta Sauce Flavored With Meat Servings: 1/2 cup 1 cup 1 container (3 cups ea.)
    Calories 480 Sodium 3420 mg
    Total Fat 24 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 6 g Total Carbs 54 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 12 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 36 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 12 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Vitamin A 120% Calcium 24%
    Vitamin C 24% Iron 24%

Food Club - Thin SpaghettiServings: 2 oz 1 oz 1 container (16 oz ea.)
    Calories 1680 Sodium 0 mg
    Total Fat 8 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 336 g
    Polyunsaturated 4 g Dietary Fiber 16 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 24 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 56 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Vitamin A 0% Calcium 0%
    Vitamin C 0% Iron 80%

Venison - Ground MeatServings: 1 oz 1 container (16 oz ea.)
    Calories 1408 Sodium 672 mg
    Total Fat 64 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 32 g Total Carbs 0 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 0 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 0 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 192 g
    Cholesterol 704 mg
    Vitamin A 0% Calcium 0%
    Vitamin C 0% Iron 160%
  • jcompton3821
    Options
    Thank you very much....and um...I still need help!!! How do I calculate the calories now? Just add all the calories up then divided by 12? That's about how many "cups" I should get out of it....Sorry!!! I am a total ditz and have only been eating things I knew were in the database for this reason!!!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's exactly how. Or you could add each item into your dinner then enter the size of the portion you're having so you don't have to do a bunch of math yourself.
  • MaybeImNot
    MaybeImNot Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    The easiest way to do this is to put all the ingredients into one section on your diary, then "Save my meals" and save it, then if you eat 1/12 or 1/5 of what you made, you log that meal as ".25" or ".1" or whatever the percentage is that you did it. So if it was 1 cup of 12 cups, it'd be a serving of .083

And, of course, go back and delete the big meal or you'd have thousands of calories. Just keep the single line entry of the custom "meal" you saved.
  • jcompton3821
    Options
    The easiest way to do this is to put all the ingredients into one section on your diary, then "Save my meals" and save it, then if you eat 1/12 or 1/5 of what you made, you log that meal as ".25" or ".1" or whatever the percentage is that you did it. So if it was 1 cup of 12 cups, it'd be a serving of .083

And, of course, go back and delete the big meal or you'd have thousands of calories. Just keep the single line entry of the custom "meal" you saved.

Thank you both very much...I used the method quoted above...it was easiest and saved the whole thing...ended up being about 380 cals for a cup...that should be about right, huh?? Thanks again for the help!!!