Getting back up .. again

So I did great a couple of years ago, lost 80+ lbs. Starting last July (2011) I hit a plateau of around 275lbs, and from there, my weight stayed there til about July of this year. Now I'm 312 lbs again .. EEEK!

Vast majority of it was emotional eating and crazy stress. All my weight gain is in my middle, where I've read most stress based weight goes due to the cortisol levels.

So going to start off slow, by becoming more aware of my food intake and water intake again. Add in more veggies and cut the carbs that are making me sluggish. Therapist hopefully will help with the emotional part of eating, and gotta find some new ways to exercise that don't cost me $$. I was lucky enough, and grateful enough to be able to go to Zumba fitness classes for little or nothing for almost 2 years, but things have changed, and now I have to find something I love just as much, that will keep me motivated, until my finances improve so I can go back.

Although I'd love to set crazy goals and achieve them, I think slow and steady like last time will do it. I know its the way stress affected me that caused the gain, so I need to get to the root of the problem, or I'll never get my level of health and fitness to where I would like it :)

If anyone wants to be buddies on here, let me know. Good luck everyone!

Replies

• i'm always looking for active and committed friends :) feel free to add me and good luck!!