Paleo diet

Options
Does anyone recommend this? It looks real good and easy. My downfall is sweets. I'm actually struggling for motivation. Grrr... Yeah. And my brain is all over the place lol

Replies

• kellybroadbent
    Options
    Paleo is about committment. If you're going to do it, you need to do it right. So for someone like you with a sweet tooth, my advice would be, go into it PREPARED. Make yourself a bunch of paleo-friendly sweets so that when the cravings strike, you don't cave and eat whatever sugary stuff you have sitting around.
  • dcain2
    dcain2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Yes, Yes I recommend it. It is the only thing that got me losing weight again. Like was mentioned, just be prepared. If you aren't prepared it's easy to slip. Good Luck in your decision.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    i recommend it!!
    if you can follow it

i did it for two months. i felt great but i realized my body responds better to carbs than fat. wayy to much fat for my liking. so since im not gluten intolerant i don't mind eating oatmeal for breakfast and bread on occasion.

it's great though if you can stick to it!
  • tkgraham
    Options
    That's how I was - sweet cravings all the time. I cut them completely 100% out (diet similar to paleo) and have no more cravings. Find it better for me to avoid them completely. I'm about 100 pounds overweight and have loved sweets my whole life but was just diagnosed with Type II diabetes and it's just not worth it. :) Go for the paleo!
  • rbeebee1
    Options
    Sorry >.< what exactly is the Paleo diet? Thanks!
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I followed it for about 3 months. But it was getting really expensive and time consuming. I think I may have been missing something in my diet because my hair started falling out pretty bad and I had no energy at all. So I would have to say it did not work for me. But I know that it does for alot of people.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of having a diet of mostly unprocessed food cooked from scratch, but for a lot of people it's just too time-consuming and difficult to manage. OP, I'd recommend sticking to your calorie goals on MFP first, and do your best to cook as much as possible and eat as much from whole food sources as you can. Try to work on establishing a balanced diet, and just keep things within your calorie goals at first. Don't make this harder on yourself than it has to be.
  • mommyz722
    Options
    I am on day 13!!! I have to say that I have really been impressed so far!! I used to crave all kinds of junk!! My cravings are very minimal now. I love anything pumkin spice. Lol! I made it through Halloween without one bite of candy. I have been strictly paleo! I am pretty sure you can do it if I can! :smile: Good luck! Let me know if you embark on the adventure!
  • nicolo333
    Options
    Can someone pass some paleo sweet recipes? I recently gained a lot of the weight I lost back cuz I had NO sweets for so long that I went crazy when I got below 140 lol
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of having a diet of mostly unprocessed food cooked from scratch, but for a lot of people it's just too time-consuming and difficult to manage. OP, I'd recommend sticking to your calorie goals on MFP first, and do your best to cook as much as possible and eat as much from whole food sources as you can. Try to work on establishing a balanced diet, and just keep things within your calorie goals at first. Don't make this harder on yourself than it has to be.
    Great advice!
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Can someone pass some paleo sweet recipes? I recently gained a lot of the weight I lost back cuz I had NO sweets for so long that I went crazy when I got below 140 lol

This is why it's not for everyone. I tried it, but couldn't do it. It was too expensive, and my family WAS NOT going for it.
  • LPCoder
    LPCoder Posts: 404 Member
    Options

Check out the Primal Blueprint cookbook. It has lots of recipes that are on the sweeter side of things that should satisfy your cravings. I also make Sugar-free chocolate that I keep in the freezer when I want a treat. I don't often crave, but sometimes it is nice.