Biofreeze...

Options
Alright, so a couple of days ago I kind of overdid it a little while working out and now I am jacked up. Which is a good thing because it's progress, but damn if I don't feel like Frankenstein's monster as I move around. Kids are running away, lightning strikes my neck bolts and villagers are coming at me with pitch forks and torches. I need something a little extra then trying to stretch my muscles out to get me moving again. I've tried Icy/Hot and the stuff doesn't really work all to well.

While I was roaming around the internet last night for some 880 alginate and trying to find where I can get some, I stumbled across Biofreeze at a medical supply store and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it and what exactly it does. How did they use it... etc etc.

Replies

• Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I like bengay cause i'm mint and I love gay
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

Beengay all you life?
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I've used biofreeze and I was in your situation about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I took a day off, had a HOT bath and used biofreeze. I also stretched (groaning all the time) and drank lots of water. It took about 2 days to recover and hasn't happened the same since and I have been pushing it.

Good luck.
  • MandiK3
    MandiK3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have two herniated discs in my back which causes a lot of siatica (sp?) there has been times where pardon my french but, my *kitten* hurt sooooo bad and I could not walk without my leg giving out or nearly dragging it. There have been times where I would put it on and 15 min later felt 1000X better
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I have used it on occasion over the last 8 or 10 years and love it. Can't do Bengay as it irritates my skin too much but BioFreeze works great. Easy to apply, smell does not last long and its not greasy.....
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Several years ago a PT said that most things on the market (BenGay, etc) have menthol and makes your skin tingle which people mistake for the stuff actually working. He told me that the only things that really do anything are BioFreeze and Felxall 454. This was about 10 yrs ago so I'm sure there are other things on the market now, but I became a firm believer in BioFreeze. I use the roll-on version.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Your freezer broken?
  • Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 467 Member
    Options

10 internet points to you.
    Your freezer broken?

While I have lost quite a bit of weight, I am still too large for my tiny freezer.

Edit: I forgot to mention I'm gonna grab some then since I'm hearing a lot of positive reviews.
  • nikkimwarren
    nikkimwarren Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Biofreeze works amazing..... I used it on stress fractures and it was the best!
  • nikkimwarren
    nikkimwarren Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Biofreeze works amazing..... I used it on stress fractures and it was the best!