How many calories do you use each "meal"

13»

Replies

• jacque930
    jacque930 Posts: 122 Member
    Thanks all! I am only 5"2 so I think 1200 is right for me. Still in my first week on MFP (I am a WW dropout) so if needed I will adjust up.

I'm just barely 5'3 but I won't go below 1400. I tried 1200 and I wasn't losing. Once I upped it, I started showing consistent losses. Don't be afraid to re-evaluate and reset.

Thanks will do

This, I am barely 5'1 but I have my goal at 1400. 1200 was too little, I was still hungry. Also I did 1200 awhile and then didn't see weight coming off, so I raised it to 1400 and it came off again. You may have to change up your calorie count every month or two, which is what I think I need to do as I am not seeing much progress lately, but I am getting closer to goal too.

One thing to check out is: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
    Free Fat Loss Calorie Calculator

I used the calculator to figure an estimate of what I typically need when I am not needing to lose weight, then you adjust from there. It is a good guide.

Good Luck.
  • I'm not on 1200, so it's probably not that helpful, but I pre-log what I plan to eat for the day. The size of my meals is completely dependent on what I feel like eating and what I feel I should be eating nutrition-wise (trying to get a wide variety in my diet). Today I'm only having a small breakfast (145), a slightly larger morning tea (218), bigger lunch (515), nuts for afternoon tea (225), a similar size dinner to my lunch (454), after dinner snack (170).

Compared to yesterday - I had a massive breakfast (496), morning tea (249), decent lunch (538), small afternoon tea (100) and dinner (383). My after dinner snack was unplanned yesterday, so I went over (224). It happens sometimes. Pre-logging helps, but I've also decided to be flexible, especially since I'm so close to goal. If I have a change of plan during the day, I may or may not change things around - it really depends on my whole week or the circumstances of that day.

Sometimes I'll even have a larger meal for dinner and/or even lunch the next day - like a large pasta dish and I may just balance it by having a lighter breakfast, lunch or no snacks. I don't have any hard and fast rules.
  • LisaLouisiana
    LisaLouisiana Posts: 145 Member
    I eat a very healthy diet and I stay between 1,200 and 1,300 calories a day, rarely exceeding 1,250. Add me and look around my diary. It's open to friends.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    About 300. I eat 5 times a day.