Spagetti anybody?

Options
Hey guys!

I'm looking for a low cal spagetti sauce recipe, with or without tofu.....thanks a bunch!!

FB

Replies

• fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    i just use whole wheat pasta and for the sauce i make my own. i use canned tomatoes (or u could use fresh) and i add a can of tomato paste along with chopped onions, green and red peppers and add some garlic. the sauce is all veggies....yum!! and it taste better than the jar stuff!! u can add any spices u want too.
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Sauces are not that high in calories, I use Ragu or Hunts and most are 45-90 calories for a 1/2 cup. Or choose a marinara, that is lower in calories.
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    most tomato-based sauces are not that high, just peek at the sugar and sodium content when you pick one.. it is the white/cream sauces that will get ya! if you really WANT to make a sauce I am sure you can find a number of them with a quick search on google, most of which will be low fat just because is is tomato based with spices. It is the pasta noodle that will sneak up on you if you are not careful LOL
  • atlmom
    atlmom Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i like publix greenwise diced tomatoes with garlic, basil. it's got a little bit of a sweet flavor to it. i just add it to lean ground beef. and let it cook down. adding carrots and/or zuchinni gives it more punch. of course, top with parmasean.
  • pledbetter
    Options
    Whole wheat or whole grain pasta...make your own tomato sauce or use jarred. - I like Prego. We also use ground turkey with spaghetti sauce for a "meat" sauce.