What to do with left over turkey

Options
kiffypooh
kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
Hello All,
So I bought one of those Foster Farms whole boneless turkey breasts at Costco for my 2 years, my husband and I. Well, we just ate dinner and have at least 4 lbs left of it. Any great recipes we could try so we don't end up tossing it out? Thank you!

Replies

• Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    You could make turkey pot pie! That's always yummy. You could make a casserole with stuffing or pasta. Turkey noodle soup is really yummy! You could make a big batch and freeze some in individual containers ( I do that with soup/stew/chili..makes for easy, fast lunches)
  • marisol7649
    marisol7649 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Turkey Tacos. Delish
  • EmilyStrick
    Options
    turkey salad with grapes, celery and low-fat mayo is totally yummy...tostada shell+refried beans+sauteed turkey, onions and peppers...turkey chili.......
  • Buzzkitty1
    Options
    Turkey "hash" with cut up potatoes, peppers and onions, add a little chicken broth at the end. Yummy!
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    Keep 'em coming, it all sounds good. Feel free to leave any special recipes with them. The turkey noodles soup sounds good, I'll be looking that up. Thank you all so much!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Turkey "hash" with cut up potatoes, peppers and onions, add a little chicken broth at the end. Yummy!

OoOoOh winner! lol that sounds dilicious for breakfast!!
  • debbielou93722
    Options
    Turkey Tacos is really good. I tear or cut my turkey into stirps; warm them in a pan and spray a little olive oil on them and then add chili poweder to season it. Heat some black beans (no salt added); fresh tomato and avacado.

Tear it into strips add cabbage, garlic and onion - stuff in tortilla and grill on a george forman grill. It really tastes good. Kind of like beerocks but less bread.

Tear it into strips make some white gravy and serve over mashed potatoes.

Tear into strips add cream of mushroom soup and stove top stuffing bake until warm. It's good if you add mushrooms and celery too.
  • katielouhoo
    katielouhoo Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    oh my, now i need to go buy a turkey breast. these are great ideas.

i like making wraps. put small spread of reduced fat cream cheese & fat free ranch dressing in a wrap. add slices of turkey & shredded cabbage & carrots. Great crunch & chew.

or wrap, spread with reduced cream cheese & small amount of whole cranberry sauce, turkey slices, shredded lettuce.

-katie
  • denny4
    denny4 Posts: 11
    Options
    At Christmas we cooked 2 turkeys and I cut up and froze the leftovers. Last week pulled a container out, heated it up, mixed in a 2 Tbsp Famous Dave's sweet & Zesty BBQ (80 cals) and slopped it on a wheat hoagie bun. Side of steamed brocolli and cauliflower (use those Ziploc steamer bags) (We wash and reuse) and have a nice lunch for about 400 calories. PS - it's the BBQ sauce that takes the flavor of this to the top!!!

I was even surprised dear husband liked it and has been asking for more. For once I'm going to use all of the turkey vs it getting ditched.
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    More great ideas. I love the bbq sauce one and I'm surprised I didn't think of that one. Almost all left overs end up shredded and in bbq sauce.
    Thank you all. I'm planning the chicken salad sandwich tonight (with the hopes my daughter will eat it) and probably the bbq one tomorrow night. Normally we would end up throwing it out but I'm determined to not do that this time.
  • shannahrose
    shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    bump
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I went to a pampered chef party last fall and the consultant taught us how to make this Turkey and Cranberry wreath out of leftover holiday turkey.....It was delish. You can leave out the cranberries if you'd like and it would still be good. yum! I am going to have to make this again soon! :tongue:

http://www.food.com/recipe/turkey-and-cranberry-wreath-pampered-chef-322853

Dani :flowerforyou:
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    You could do a turkey stir fry..just like chicken chow mein you can do turkey chow mein. Turkey ( I know the spelling is going to be wrong.) turkey catchatorie...you know turkey thrown in spaghetti sauce..like you would do with your chicken...
  • asltiffm
    asltiffm Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I make what I call Chicken in a Cloud. You make a "crust" out of mashed potatoes in the bottom of a pie tin. Bake that for about 15 minutes. Then you throw in some shredded turkey, whatever veggies you have leftover. Then mix up some gravy and sour cream. Pour that over the top. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 20-30 minutes. Good stuff and uses a lot of leftovers.