Polar FT4 Battery Changing issues - PLEASE HELP

13»

Replies

• nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Its threads/posts like these that make me glad I have a Suunto T3c. This was the main reason I put the polar back on the shelf and asked for the Suunto in the locked glass case. I cant believe they still make you send them in for battery replacements. They should just put rechargeable lithium batterys in them and make you buy a special charging cable if they want to be greedy.
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Mine came off very easily with a butter knife however I am not impressed with thw battery life of 3 weeks.. Hopefully a New battery will last much longer.. ...
    Sounds like there is something not right with yours ?
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Mine came off very easily with a butter knife however I am not impressed with thw battery life of 3 weeks.. Hopefully a New battery will last much longer.. ...
    Sounds like there is something not right with yours ?

I've had mine for 2 years and only had to change the battery in the watch once. The chest strap is still on the original battery and I use my HRM quite a bit. The watch back came off no problem.
  • tudor8
    tudor8 Posts: 6 Member
    I use an FT4 as well. Applied Bonnie's advice (loosen off the 4 screws on the transmitter and Boom! the battery cover came off. My issue now is that the watch wrist strap broke. So I need to take it in and have it replaced. Well, this also means that I can get another colour, which is not bad. :)