Any Holloween Candy NSV's

Options
I didn't eat one blasted piece of Holloween candy, nere' ONE! Of course I should also mention that I didn't buy any :tongue: But still, I could have and didn't, which is a major league NSV for me (not so much for the children though:indifferent:

This may not be too impressive to some...but it's HUGE to me. Anyone else have any Holloween Candy NSV's?????

Replies

• simplyshrinking
    simplyshrinking Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Same here. This has been my first Halloween of binge-free! I had many temptations, but my will was stronger than my cravings! :bigsmile: Congratulations!
  • twinkychops
    twinkychops Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I didn't touch anything! The kids have 2 pumpkin baskets in the kitchen full and I'm not even interested!! Now that's new!!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    That's a great NSV well done
  • poeco76
    poeco76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I didn't have any Halloween candy either (unfortunately, there is much of it left as we didn't get many treaters last night). But, I'm not much of a candy eater, so it really wasn't too painful for me. But, Christmas is coming... as well as Thanksgiving - those may do me in. :O(

Congrats on hangin' tough! :O)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Same here. This has been my first Halloween of binge-free! I had many temptations, but my will was stronger than my cravings! :bigsmile: Congratulations!

Thanks so much and Congrats to you too...you so ROCK--I'm so proud of you :drinker: This may not be a HUGE deal to some, but as you know, it's a real temptation and for us to say "get outta here NOW, no thanks is nothing less than tremendous to me.

Woot!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I didn't touch anything! The kids have 2 pumpkin baskets in the kitchen full and I'm not even interested!! Now that's new!!

You're my shero, period. WOW :heart:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Thanks to ALL you guys so much for posting :heart:

It was REALLY tough to not buy any, in the name of "aaawwww, it's for the kids". Nope. I didn't do it and to my gladness, my children didn't give me even a hint of a bad time nor any guilt or anything at all. So I share this NSV with them too!
    PLUS, we only got one knock on the door last night, so that made me feel even better!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I did not eat a single piece either! Despite my kind oldest son trying repeatedly to share the ones that he knew I used to like!!! Woohoo it feels good!!!!!
  • PaulaRocksFL
    Options
    Our five year old son follows the Feingold program now (no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives)... but still likes to go trick or treating.

This year, the whole family walked the neighborhood together... then he sold all the candy he got to his grandparents for $2. We also got him a Scooby Doo video which he has been wanting.

For my NSV -My partner and I usually eat all the chocolate Halloween night after our son goes to sleep.

This year, we each took only two snack size pieces - we ate one last night and put the other in the freezer.

So even though I did have one mini Snickers last night... it is MUCH less than I would normally put away on Halloween night - so I consider that a victory. :)
  • Ladyiianae
    Ladyiianae Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I gave up candy 17 days ago for a 14 day "no candy" challange and haven't had any since AND I didn't crack on Halloween!
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I only had two pieces of candy!
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat ANY Halloween candy this year! Yay me- I usually binge big time.

My husband bought the candy, and none of it was worth having to log in my diary and give up calories for, so I didn't eat a bite.

That's a huge NSV for me!
  • admnmtpilot
    admnmtpilot Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Did not have 1 piece of Halloween candy this year!!! :happy:
  • azberries
    azberries Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I ate an obscene amount of candy last night, and didn't dare log any of it in.
    There should be an oinky-pig smiley face to insert.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I had a FEW pieces and then promptly got rid of it all today! Now all that's left is the small bowl I let each of my kids pick out of their haul to eat.
  • tmfrizzell
    Options
    I knew there would be tons of candy at the office, so I bought a couple of bags of apples. Sad to say that there are plenty of apples left, but not much candy. :laugh:

I enjoyed them, regardless.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    So depressed I missed halloween ! I had a raspberry and chocolate special k bar =) closet to candy I got
  • sadiegirl32
    sadiegirl32 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    No candy for me either. Even harder was the no booze at the party last Saturday though...:drinker:
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I abstained completely with ease. First HAlloween I managed that.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Being single, turning off all the lights, turning on a basketball game, and ignoring the doorbell if it did happen to ring made for one very easy Halloween NSV. I did visit my parent's house earlier during the week and there were Reese's miniatures so I grabbed a few and saved them for last night. I ate them happily and then enjoyed the rest of the night, even more so since my team won :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!