HELP...... ! ! ! !

Options
:grumble: Hi I am new here. @9 yrs old female from Illinois. Married with 2 small children. Wanna lose some weight and need help. Been taking a diet pill for 3WKS AND WATCHED MY EATING ALMOST PERFECTLY AND HAVENT SEEN MORE THAN A COUPLE POUND WEIGHT LOSS. Pleas send me pics and any dieting advice , recipes anything that can help. I dont wanna give up but really starting to feel FrAzZlEd ! ! ! ! ! !

Replies

• Cruzer516
    Options
    We are in a similar situation. I have two kids and find it so hard to stay on track when they often ask for food and treats. I have found this site to be really helpful because it has made me realize just how much damage I can do when I don't stop to think and just eat as I please. Hang in there and good luck.
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    I guess I need some more information. What is your calorie intake at? How much water are you drinking. How much are you looking at losing? Are you exercising at all?
  • niccup
    niccup Posts: 32
    Options
    Hello! I know losing weight can be frustrating. Sometimes it does take a seemingly long time but DONT GIVE UP! Thats wayyyyy to easy. Giving up just means starting again later. Remember, its not just about weight loss, its also about preventing diseases and sickness. The weight loss will come. If you have tried dieting before sometimes your body takes a little longer to reep the benefits. Its not sure if your gonna continue or not. Ask yourself how you feel. Feeling better comes right before the weight loss. Good luck, and dont worry, we can all do this together.
  • keri10608
    Options
    Hello..... I eat no more than 1200 cal a day and no more that 45g of fat a day. 400 cal at each meal and not more than 15g of fat. I try to exercise atleast for 30-45 min everyother day and yes drink water all day besideds my 2 cups of coffee in he morning, I started out weighing 145 then after the first 2 weeks I went to 148. Now I weight 143 and want better results, Ive never tried so hard and still etting nowhere, I eat my 3 meals and no snacking, With kids around it isnt easy not to eat with them anymore but I dont. Please, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
  • jody1974
    Options
    Hello! Have you tried eating more fiber. I also only eat 1200 a day but I have 3 meals and 2 snacks. I eat Kashi golean for breakfast or a high fiber english muffin- 8 grams. I also take metamucile with my juice and coffee. I also try to eat at least one piece of fruit and have alot of vegs. My kids are 3 yrs and a 10 1/2 month old, and I am already 5 pounds less then before I had kids. You just have to hang in there. I am a stay at home mom so I try to walk around the house alot and all of the lifting of my kids also help alot.
  • lifeaccordingtolily
    Options
    :smile: I started this class at my gym (with a dietian) and it says when you hit a plateu like that you should increase your water intake....Also really watch your caffiene because that is a natrual dehydrator. When she had us figure uo our ideal calories for losing weight we used those bmi charts(that are good for nothing other than this) and we found our height then went 24 bmi and multiplied that weight by 10, so like i am 1400 cal a day but she also said not to go below 1200..... but she also set our fat at no more than 25 grams total for the day. hope this helps!
  • suemayRN
    Options
    Needing help to stay motivated. I seem to do good for about a week or two, then have a slip up day, and BAM! i'm not in control again.:angry: I'm soo tired of having the extra weight around, feeling tired, and clothes not fitting. I often feel like i'm ready for it to come off, and then it still sticking around. I have a M-F desk job and a family with 2 kids. I hope to have 5 pounds off in one month.:smile:
  • flbeachbuddy
    flbeachbuddy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have only been a member this month and have lost with this plan. I wasn't perfect - far from it! But this site kept me coming back. For me, I think the secret will be to lose it slowly this time. I have lost before and gained it back. That's why I didn't just go back to Weight Watchers.

I have to say that I am not starving on this program. And Dr. Oz says not to starve! Yeah, he says to never eat sugar again, though... Have you tried getting your target calories from the site based on your weight? I think I was alternating between starving and binging, causing my metabolism to go wacky.

I also have a desk job but don't have kids, so I do feel for you.

Stick with it, it will be worth it. Slow and steady wins the race. Exceeding your calories is not failing, just keep at it. Good luck!
  • suemayRN
    Options
    i myself have done the WW program and too have lost and gained. and same here- didnt want to go back to that.
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi! You really should check your calories--it's very important to give your body enough fuel!

Here's a thread you should check out:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

He knows his stuff and it reallty does make sense.

Hang in there!

And, BTW--if you drink coffee regularly it does not have a dehydrating affect if used in moderation.

http://whfoods.org/genpage.php?tname=george&dbid=159
  • katie51
    Options
    I'm new here to. Found this site looking for an online way to keep track of my fitness plan. I really like Body For Life by Bill Phillips. He also has a recipe book called Eating For Life. You can check it out at
    http//www.bodyforlife.com