Fast food

Options
That subway post got me thinking. What are some nasty things you have seen at a resturaunt or a fast food place? It might help some of us not to eat there!

Replies

• mallorycutting
    Options
    I was in Florida a few weeks back. My husband and I decided to check out a place called Sweet Tomatoes as my dad was always talking about how good it was. Well, we got there, grabbed a few things and sat down. I tried a bite of two different things I picked than went to my salad to try it. That's when I noticed a lovely bug in it. Needless to say I promptly got a refund for our meals and we headed elsewhere. Unfortunately that's one bug I did see... no matter where you go you can find bugs (or pieces of bugs) in your food... restaurant, processed product, etc... nothing is totally clean.
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I've tasted the food. That's enough for me.

In all honestly, I'd rather have a REAL burger that is higher in cals, fats, etc, than the crap McD's and the like pass off as burgers.
  • lindsiswatchingyou
    lindsiswatchingyou Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Several years ago I was at a chinese buffet when I saw 2 rats run across the dining room and under our table. If they were comfortable to come out with people there eating, what were we not seeing...
  • Cheryl188
    Cheryl188 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I worked in a grocery store as a teenager, and if you think restaurants can be nasty...YUCK! It took me years before I'd eat certain things from a grocery store again. I'm still picky and look for certain details when shopping.
    Ps. There are less calories in a Big Mac than in an Arby's Roast Turkey Wrap. "Food" for thought...
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I've tasted the food. That's enough for me.

In all honestly, I'd rather have a REAL burger that is higher in cals, fats, etc, than the crap McD's and the like pass off as burgers.

Yep. Any burger you can sit on a shelf for a year, come back to it, and it still look the same is ewwwwwwwwwww