Women's clothing sizes

Options
LucyT4dieting
LucyT4dieting Posts: 284 Member
Did you ever notice that women's clothing sizes have changed over the years? I am 5'2" and weigh 130 pounds, and I fit comfortably in a size 6. A SIZE 6! When I was younger, I weighed 118 pounds and wore a size 10. So why do I weigh more and fit into a smaller size? I mean, I'm not complaining, but there must be a reason why. Do you think it's becuase we have become such a "fat" society, that clothing manufacturers have to appeal to our sense of vanity by making us think we actually ARE a smaller size? And what is this saying about women in general? Is it meant to make us feel better about ourselves, or is it just a ploy to get us to buy more? Do they think we are stupid and wouldn't notice? And what size can these models be? -000? I'm not sure if I agree that this is helpful. It's just plain confusing to me! Any thoughts?

Replies

• Jane61849
    Jane61849 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I wonder about that too. When I was in high school and college, my clothing size "matched" my weight. I'm 5'9, and when I was 140, I wore a 14, and when I was 160, I wore a 16. Now it sounds like people that weigh 150 are wearing 10s and 8s? I realize they are more toned than I was, but what's up with that?