AVOCADOS!

Options
e_bethh
e_bethh Posts: 7 Member
does anybody have any good guacamole or any recipes related to avocados? i love them and when i eat them my skin and hair looks so pretty! if anybody has any good recipes can you let me know? thanks!

Replies

• today6212
    today6212 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    4 ripe avocados, one lemon, white vinegar, white pepper, 3 garlic cloves. toss ito food processer, i dont measure i do everything to taste. The white vinegar takes the place of salt, i never add salt to anything due to bloating. once its blended you can eat it as is, with chicken, tuna eggs whatever you can think to mix. Its really good and stays a vibrant green from the vinegar and lemon.
  • Tinker_and_Bash
    Tinker_and_Bash Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Not really a recipe so much as a suggestion but I use avacado instead of mayo in chicken salad and on sandwiches. Haven't had the guts to mix it into tuna yet but i'm sure that would work too
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    What great ideas!!! I am going to have to use avocado instead of mayo now!!
  • Bug207
    Bug207 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I generally dice some onion, chop up some tomato, squeeze some lime juice, and add a bit of hot sauce or chili powder to a bowl and then just mash up the avocado in it. I don't really measure anything out... I just add as much of each ingredient as I like.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i use a mashed up avocado with some 2% cottage cheese as dressing in my salad.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    On the bread side of sandwiches instead of mayo/dressing
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite Avocado recipe!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/avocado-feta-salsa/

I also smash them up for sandwiches, tacos and fajitas :-)
  • bastgoddess7
    bastgoddess7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Not really a recipe so much as a suggestion but I use avacado instead of mayo in chicken salad and on sandwiches. Haven't had the guts to mix it into tuna yet but i'm sure that would work too

^^^^THIS

What I usually do is mash the avocado with some olive oil and some herbs and spices that correspond with the protien I am eating. Avo-Egg salad is my fave, flavored with paprika, seasoned salt, crushed black pepper, and herbs de provence.
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I had avocado grilled cheese twice this week. It's even better with a thin slice of tomato! (Sandwich thin with the cut side on the outside, smashed avocado, slice of cheese (I used smoked gouda) and then put in a pan with plenty of nonstick spray. Turn to toast other side.)
  • debbecake
    debbecake Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I put them on everything! Turkey and avocado sandwich, chicken or tuna salad with diced avocado in it, avocado and bacon sandwich on toast, avocado slices on toast with a little hot sauce, egg white omelet with diced tomato and avocado, hamburgers......pretty much improves any kind of sandwich. I've seen some good recipes on pinterest but haven't tried yet. Salmon slider with avocado sauce looked delish!
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I love avocado in a spinach salad with poppyseed dressing and pear slices. Also, avocado slices on a shrimp taco, and when making guac use sweet onions-just watch the amount, 1 avocado is almost 300 calories and it's easy to eat too much delicious guacamole.
  • e_bethh
    e_bethh Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thanks for all your replies! you guys have some good ideas! :wink:
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I eat my avocadoes with a little really good soy sauce (like a sushi soy sauce or and indonesian soy) and chopped red hot chilli peppers drizzled over the top.

I had avocadoes like this in Bali and have eaten them like this ever since. Divine.
  • honeybee1036
    honeybee1036 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • awetherell
    awetherell Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You can make an equivalent to chocolate mousse with ripe avocado and banana with cocoa powder. I'm not sure of the proportions, but if you play around with it, it's delicous and very healthy!

Also I sometimes make a smoothie with avocado, banana and a little water/milk to thin it down, sometimes with oats if I'm really hungry from swimming and occasionally a teaspoon of honey. It's good!

Or just halve it, take out the stone and fill the hole with a little olive oil, balsamic, pepper and grainy mustard then eat it with a teaspoon - this is my favourite.

Enjoy all your new recipes!
  • Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I love avocados too :)

I made up a sort of-recipe that works for me! Basically, if you want lots of avocado but find it expensive (they are not cheap here in New Zealand) or a bit high in fat, cook some potato, mash it up (no milk or butter or anything, just plain potato), and add avocado and mash it in as well. You should put in enough to make the mixture look avocado-colour.

Then you can use it however you want! I did only make this once, but it was pretty good :)
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    These are great ideas :) Bump to come back and check them out.

I've heard of people using it instead of mayo with their tuna sandwiches, I haven't tried it yet.
  • cdub78
    cdub78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I use Avocado, tomato, salsa, fresh cilantro (so good in guacamole), hot sauce, a red onion, salt and pepper to taste, garlic, and lemon. I eat it with tortilla chips or even on a turkey sandwich.
  • 3rdxacharm
    3rdxacharm Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I love avocados for breakfast. Two fried eggs, some bacon or ham (saltier the better with an avocado) and avocado with a little lime juice, cumin, chili powder and garlic pepper. Delicious! I used to have on a tortilla until I started the low carb so I just left that off.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    All I need is an avocado and a little lime juice to sprinkle over it. Fantastic and easy!