How can I stop messing up my diet at the end of the day??

Options
I always do a really good job at the beginning of the day, like when I'm at school. When I'm out of school, I end up eating so much xD And then I ruin my day. Any advice?

Replies

• jomorie
    jomorie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    may I ask how your daily goal is only 500 calories?
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I have the same issues... I do fine at work but when I get home I can't stop eating.

Hoping someone has some ideas on how to stop the cycle.
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Yikes. Going over 500 calories isnt "messing up the diet". Im sure everyone already tells you this but its not healthy at all to have a goal of 500.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    because your goal is only 500 calories.

you're messing up your diet because you're body is telling you that it needs more calories to do things like i dunno keep your organs running?

trust me, your body knows better what it needs than you do at this stage
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Without any other information, I would guess you're not eating enough calories during the day.

Your food diary seems to confirm my guess.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    For the OP...realize that it's okay to eat more than 500 calories / day. I'd think you were eating because your body needs the food.

For anybody else....if you've had dinner stay out of the kitchen and don't take any food outside it. Don't snack while playing games, watching TV, crocheting a new pair of socks. Realize that reasonable snacks are okay, just make them healthy like fresh fruits or veggies. They're low cal and won't set you back much, even if you do eat a ton.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You REALLY need to eat more calories. You're probably having trouble because your goal is way too low. I also think there's some serious disordered thinking on your profile (you say you want people to worry about your health) so I would also suggest talking to a counselor.
  • krisbychiken
    krisbychiken Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Work out at the gym or do a video when you get home. It usually fills some time and takes away my appetite for an hour or two.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    You'd me messing up to follow your 500-calories a day plan. Your mind is disordered and your body is fighting back by telling you "feed me, you fool".
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Stop eating so little.
    EAT REAL FOOD
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Go see your school counselor; you need help.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Please seek professional help sweetheart.
    your over isnt even enough.
  • sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    how on earth do you manage to work out when you are eating that little..and twice a day? omg you must be exhausted!
  • JohnnyKitty
    JohnnyKitty Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Just the other night my mom told me that I've been eating too much and that I need to work harder. And then I told her I might have an Eating disorder and she just ignored me. So I mean, I know I need to lose weight, but if I eat any more than 700 I gain. And I've been gaining...
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I always do a really good job at the beginning of the day, like when I'm at school. When I'm out of school, I end up eating so much xD And then I ruin my day. Any advice?

1. Go see a school counselor - or talk to someone you trust in person about this please.
    2. Your caloric consumption is WAY TOO LOW.
  • GoatBoat66
    Options
    I think my hamster eats around 500 calories per day.

There is no way your TDEE is that low. You should be aiming to eat three times that amount.
  • rickerred12
    Options
    ^^^^^^^All very sound advice, you are not eating enough. That is why you cannot control the cravings.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Just the other night my mom told me that I've been eating too much and that I need to work harder. And then I told her I might have an Eating disorder and she just ignored me. So I mean, I know I need to lose weight, but if I eat any more than 700 I gain. And I've been gaining...
    Glycogen.

Google it.

And your mother is stupid.
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options

How long have you been eating around 500?

Your mom sounds like mine. I could be eating a goddamn plate of veggies and she'll snark that im eating "again". She's shorter and thinner than me, so she feels superior.

I dont know what you look like to see whether you're overweight or not.

However...all that said- 500 is too rough on your body.
This discussion has been closed.