Busty ladies I need your help!

Options
I started doing C25K, but I feel like I was defeated before I even really started. My "girls" are making running VERY uncomfortable. I'm 5 foot tall with a pretty small frame. However my chest runs between a 32 D or DD. Can anyone suggest a decent sports bra that will keep them from bouncing all over the place? I want to run. 5k dangit and I don't want to run it with my arms crossed over my chest holding my tata's down so they don't give me a black eye.

Help. Please. I'm desperate for a good sports bra, but have yet to find one.

Replies

• bdubs125
    bdubs125 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    moving comfort is the brand i found that i love - 34dd. slightly pricy, but totally worth it
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I wear a good Berlei sports bra and then a firm crop top over the top of that. Then I'm good to go.

Maybe time to look online, as there are some really good sports bras around. Panache is another great brand.

I could just be quoting Aussie brands to you though, sorry, not sure!
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I started doing C25K, but I feel like I was defeated before I even really started. My "girls" are making running VERY uncomfortable. I'm 5 foot tall with a pretty small frame. However my chest runs between a 32 D or DD. Can anyone suggest a decent sports bra that will keep them from bouncing all over the place? I want to run. 5k dangit and I don't want to run it with my arms crossed over my chest holding my tata's down so they don't give me a black eye.

I am a dds...I use a sport bra along with my old bra that way extra support and your not ruining your good ones... bras for chesty ladies are not cheap..make them count...lol good luck!!
  • thehalls98
    thehalls98 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have an Enell Sports Bra and it's amazing!!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    honestly you have so many choices with a d/dd
    champion, moving comfort, under armor, enell, shock absorber, goddess, elomi, nike, freya, lululemon all of these have EXCELLENT choices for high impact bras in that size. and most are in the $30-$40 range

i'm an h/i cup and only have 2 choices (enell and shock absorber) for high impact control and those are like $65
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I'm close to the same size as you- I wear an older racerback underwire bra under a regular high-impact compression bra. The combo keeps everything in place very nicely and it's cheap. Good luck!
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I have H's I get by running with a regular underwire bra on under a $10 sports bra that's a few cup sizes too small (not so tight it hurts or anything, just tight enough to hold them in place). They never hurt and barely bounce.
  • JenMcCrory
    JenMcCrory Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Wear a bra under your sports bra.

I am a size E and when I started exercising years ago I used to wear 2 bras under because no sports bra was strong enough, kept it all in place!
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I use Champion from Target! Some women have to wear two sports bras, though. You could try that.
  • kasteinman
    Options
    I am a 36 DD so I know what you. mean! I suggest looking at Title Nine for choices. They offer assistance and several choices for busty women. Hey are not cheap, but they are good.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I found a bra at the running shoe store where I got my shoes. Dno't remember the brand (it's on hold for me...I had them get a different color from another store)...but man, I put that thing on and NOTHING under it was going ANYWHERE! (and I'm a 40DD) It is a bit difficult to get on because it doesn't have the spandex stretch of a regular bra. (that is why nothing MOVES!)

I looked at walmart...all to stretchy...the more stretch, the less firm compression you will get.
    I would totally recommend paying the extra and going to the running store (or a good sporting goods store) and making sure it doesn't have much in the way of lycra.
  • lots2live4
    lots2live4 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Try Enell sport bras. I saw them on Oprah a while ago and decided to give it a try, because I hated exercising with my DD's. They're on the expensive side compared to other bras, but definitely worth it to me.
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options

Omg! I have the exact problem and im 5ft too! I haven't found a good sports bra yet, i just kinda wear a bra and a tanktop thats tight at the top and they say down.
  • momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the moving comfort sports bra. I have the fiona and i am very happy. It keeps everything in place even during jumping jacks.
  • 01lottie
    01lottie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I''m 5ft 2in with 38 HH so I generally wear a normal bra (one that covers chest almost completely) and a crop top over that and then just any top over that. There is always going to be some jiggle but I play lacrosse just fine that way.
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I love Champion scoop back ones - only the high MCR ones. A different back might provide even more support (although the scoop back is excellent) but I want to scratch my back off with a razor back bra, but that's just me. You can get Champion ones on Amazon for a better deal than on Champion.com.
  • teresaanngreen
    Options
    Panache or Freya make underwire sports bras that, if appropriately fitted, take the stress off your shoulders and use the band to support the girls! Try www.Herroom.com
  • Merrymaker_Misery
    Options
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! omg!!! I WENT THROUGH THE SAME!!

well, i lost weight and they went down, but i still have breast-issues while running, i used to run like an armless person.

i found that push-up bras, put on tight, helped me a lot. Sports bras never provided me with support, but push up bras that cover at least half the breast, and strapped on a bit tight (enough to have a bra-line but not too much to cut blood circulation) held them in place decently.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    I love you ladies! Thank you. I'm going to Google like mad some of these brands tonight. Thank you thank you thank you. I was at my wits end.
  • Amazingday
    Amazingday Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I agree with some of the others, Good regular underwire bra under a sports bra. I am 36 GG I never used to run because it just hurt. But now, no bounce.... no bother. I just did a reset on my loss ticker for motivation, but I have lost 68 lbs! And it would have been really hard without the great support!