New to My Fitness

Options
Not only am I new to My Fitness, I'm also new to even counting my calories so if anyone has any good tips for me, please let me know! Thanks!

Replies

• junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been on MFP (on and off) for a while but I am new to the message boards. :) When I first started it was the first time I had counted my calories and it was really eye opening. My biggest recommendation is to log EVERY thing you eat. Every single thing. Even that one starburst. It helps you see how the little things add up. Also, pre-plan your day. It helps so you don't end up with 150 calories at dinnertime!

Good luck! You can do it!
  • muddslinger1502
    Options
    the best thing for counting calories for me is to make sure that I weigh my food, and measure it. I know that it sounds strange, but taking those few extra minutes will help you. Make sure that you read the labels, and make a food diary like on here. Sometimes writing it down helps. Then you can keep track of it all day before you put it on here. It helps me.
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Clear out your cabinets of "trigger" foods for now, get a food scale (it will be your best friend...I promise), and start reading labels when you shop. If you have time, really take some time to explore this site and it's message boards. You will be amazed at the amount of information and support you will find on MFP. Other than that, welcome and good luck. This place rocks!!!!!!!