what is your favorite movie?

Options

Replies

• La Vie En Rose.

I actually have to force myself to NOT watch it pretty often, because if I watch it once, I want to do nothing for the next few days but watch it over and over and over again and cry like a maniac every single time because I can't get through it without sobbing so hard that I usually have to shove a blanket into my mouth to muffle the pathetic wailing. Marion Cotillard (aka MY QUEEN) does some of the best acting I have EVER seen and just... it's my favourite. No doubts about it.

I also love:
    Jeux d'Enfants, Candy, Forrest Gump, The Princess Diaries, How to Train Your Dragon and many many many more.
  • StyxxandStones
    Options
    The Life of David Gale
  • 1917Ashley
    1917Ashley Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Titanic is also my favorite movie :)

Good choice! :glasses:
  • cowsanddogsarecute
    cowsanddogsarecute Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Kids, A Frozen Flower, A Gentle Breeze in the Village, Rinne no Ame, Love Exposure, Desi Boyz, Fast & Furious 5, Pineapple Express, 21 Jump Street, Himizu, Dazed and Confused, The Breakfast Club and Cry Baby.
  • 1917Ashley
    Options
    I second The Lakehouse, You've Got Mail, Sweet Home Alabama, 10 Things I Hate About You and The Wedding Singer as being spectacular. The Wedding Singer used to be my favorite movie too. I liked Napoleon Dynamite too. lol. My favorite movie of all time is Eat, Pray, Love, with Pay It Forward and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind close after it.
    Some others I love:
    The Pursuit of Happiness
    The Avengers
    Ninja Assassin
    Benny & Joon (Really many Johnny Depp movies: Finding Neverland, Pirates of The Caribbean, Alice In Wonderland, and yes, even Crybaby was pretty nice lol)
    Men In Black
    Independence Day
    I Am Legend
    Hitch
    Mrs.Doubtfire
    Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
    The Switch
    Kate & Leopold
    The Craft
    Flubber
    The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus
    Matilda
    The Ninja Turtles
    Meet Dave
    Beverley Hills Cop II
    Blast From The Past
    The Notebook
    Mr.Deeds
    Yes Man
    Pans Labyrinth (It was so good that I watched the entire movie, even though I don't speak Spanish and had to read the captions to understand it. lol)
    Tommy Boy
    Mean Girls
    Clueless
    Freaky Friday
    Raise Your Voice
    A Cinderella Story
    Cinderella (with Brandy)
    The Devil Wears Prada
    Ella Enchanted
    Wall-E
    Up
    The Princess Diaries
    The Holiday
    A.I. Artificial Intelligence
    What Dreams May Come

I also love Sandra Bullock. Premotion, Practical Magic and The Proposal.

Please don't ask how it fits in this list, but I used to love Biodome. LOL I haven't seen it in a while, so I'm not sure how I feel now.

I seriously didn't realize how long this list was. lmso

Thanks for an amazing list!!! I will have to search through Netflix!
  • 1917Ashley
    Options
    Kids, A Frozen Flower, A Gentle Breeze in the Village, Rinne no Ame, Love Exposure, Desi Boyz, Fast & Furious 5, Pineapple Express, 21 Jump Street, Himizu, Dazed and Confused, The Breakfast Club and Cry Baby.

21 Jump Street was SO FUNNY!!
  • 1917Ashley
    Options
    The Notebook
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Bridget Jones Diary
    Shawshank Redemption
    As Good As It Gets
    Cold Mountain
    Sleepless In Seattle
    Anchorman
    Pay It Forward
    My Sisters Keeper
    Somethings Gotta Give holds special memories for me. Laying in a bed in Rome with my sister, after eating pizza and gelato, watching it in italian...explaining to her what was happening because she hadn't seen it. :heart:

NICE!!! :D
  • 1917Ashley
    Options
    Act of Valor.

YES! I forgot about this one.
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    i can watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Batman (first one with michael keaton) and S.W.A.T. any time...all the time!!
  • Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    and the Longest Yard (newer one with Adam Sandler)
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    They change, depending on my mood. :wink:
    Right now, my top five are:
    1. Ip Man
    2. Ip Man 2
    3. Fearless
    4. Pride and Prejudice
    5. Secondhand Lions
  • cowsanddogsarecute
    cowsanddogsarecute Posts: 156 Member
    Options

21 Jump Street was SO FUNNY!!

21 Jump Street is awesome!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Thanks for an amazing list!!! I will have to search through Netflix!
    [/quote]
    Lol We're about to watch one of those now! Also, Men Who Stare At Goats is rather funny and so is RED. lol Action/comedy
  • sergiotacchini
    Options
    Rio Bravo is my favourite film of all time!
  • SkyPixie
    SkyPixie Posts: 224
    Options
    Sweet Home Alabama ... love that film :heart:
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I have 3 and they are in order of Favorites.

1. Forrest Gump (It is really a beautiful movie)
    2. The Green Mile (The first movie that ever made me cry and I still cry when I watch it)
    3. Titanic 1997 (The second movie that ever made me cry and NOT because Jack died. I teared up while the mother was telling her children the good night story as the ship was sinking. Yes, it is like Romeo and Juliet on a boat but it the cinematography of all the people falling in the water and down the ship always makes me realize how true it was and that it really happened. The second half of the movie is what puts that disaster into perspective for me. So many people say it's such a crappy movie but I think it was pretty good, despite the fictional love character story.)
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Aliens
    Army of Darkness
    The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
    Blade
  • AlanM872
    AlanM872 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The Brothers Bloom

Castaway on the moon

Forrest gump
  • RonUnStoppable
    RonUnStoppable Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Black Hawk Down
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    John Q
    Law Abiding Citizen

Just a few I could watch over and over
  • TahliaHarveysMummy
    Options
    3. Titanic 1997 (The second movie that ever made me cry and NOT because Jack died. I teared up while the mother was telling her children the good night story as the ship was sinking.

That's the bit that always makes me cry too! And then seeing the old couple laying in bed together! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: