pounds/pant size?

Options

Replies

• BigG59
    BigG59 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I had to go buy new clothes last weekend, three new pairs of jeans, three sizes smaller than when I started. Lost over 30lbs now.

I looked like a farmer in my old jeans, all scrunched up with a belt.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I am seriously so glad to read this topic! i have lost 52 pounds and only dropped 2 pants sizes (from a 20 to a 16). I have been thinking that there is something really wrong with me. I guess I will just be a little more patient and try on the 14s in another 5 pounds or so. :smile:
  • cmwhited6204
    cmwhited6204 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I think one thing to keep in mind is the weight loss does not always equal the size you think because of inches. People lose weight differently and that will effect how the clothes will fit.

I tend to have a small waist as I lose weight and it takes longer for my hips to get down. I have always had curves which I am fine with but clothese can be a challenege depending on what the style is at the time.

I am happy when the weight comes off but I am even happier as the inches come down.
  • nascarted10
    nascarted10 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Truthfully, I wait as long as I can to go to the next size down. If I can go two sizes even better. Now dress cloths I have to keep up with. But jeans and less "style like" cloths I don't want to waste money constantly buying them. So, I go as long as I can between sizes. (Normally someone tells me I look terrible which is my signal to buy new cloths). What can I say, I am a guy and don't decorate well! But I can hunt and shoot with the best of them. :)
  • katealbright
    katealbright Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I know the measurements of larger sizes are 2 inches apart and smaller sizes (I think 6 and below) are only 1 inch apart so this definitely plays into it. I honestly don't know what size I am because every brand is so different. I have pants from size 4-9 that I think fit pretty well. But after losing 14lbs now when I shop I start trying at size 6/7 and go up or down from there as needed instead of size 8/9, so I would say I've lost a size -- which makes sense because I have lost almost 2 inches from my waist and hips each. I am 134, 5'7" btw.
  • bymyslf892
    bymyslf892 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    5' 10" and 35 pounds has equaled out to about 2 pant sizes.
  • emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I was curious about this too when I first started!!

I actually did not drop many "sizes" until I dropped 60 lbs. My clothes were looser, but I could still wear them up until this point. Then I started dropping inches like crazy and actually skipped a few sizes!! The next big drop was when I hit the 85lbs lost, and then around 100lbs lost... and then 110... and then 120....

My point is that, at least for me, the larger I was the longer it took inbetween sizes. Its almost like there was more leeway with the larger sizes. I was a size 6 jean 10lbs ago, but now I am wearing size 3/4 jeans (I am pretty short!)... 10lbs a year ago I probably would not have even noticed a difference.

I will also say that I stuck to the same brand for jeans during the entire process.... I cannot stand going into one store and being a size 14, and then walking into another and needing a 18. I went with my old navy jeans (same style too!) the entire time. I ended up having them in a size 24,18,14,12, 10, 8 and 6 (I skipped some sizes).... I was also lucky and only actually bought one of them! The others were gifts (xmas and then bday)!!!
  • Hungrygirl88
    Options
    I'm 195ish and I wear a size 10
  • jessicataylor2
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and I've ranged from 123-103 and always worn the same pants. So I don't know if I can help you here.
  • DaphneAtx
    Options
    I am seriously so glad to read this topic! i have lost 52 pounds and only dropped 2 pants sizes (from a 20 to a 16). I have been thinking that there is something really wrong with me. I guess I will just be a little more patient and try on the 14s in another 5 pounds or so. :smile:

If you worked out, you would be dropping more sizes for sure.
  • HeatherTransformed
    HeatherTransformed Posts: 213 Member
    Options

I have lost 50 lbs and gone from an 18 to a 14, so about 25 lbs a size. I'm a tad short of 5'10".
  • KimZM
    KimZM Posts: 21
    Options
    i wish i knew when i would see change too but at 310 now having lost 19 pounds i don't see a difference at all..or feel one...i am praying by thanksgiving i see one..but i have been wearing the same size for soooo long..not sure i will know when my big baggy clothes are just that, big and baggy and not what i should be wearing....i don't like tight clothes..LOL
  • Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Truthfully, I wait as long as I can to go to the next size down. If I can go two sizes even better. Now dress cloths I have to keep up with. But jeans and less "style like" cloths I don't want to waste money constantly buying them. So, I go as long as I can between sizes. (Normally someone tells me I look terrible which is my signal to buy new cloths). What can I say, I am a guy and don't decorate well! But I can hunt and shoot with the best of them. :)

A girl, here, and I do the same. :)

Unfortunately, my stomach is usually the last place I lose weight, so I don't see a change for some time. Even then, I just stick on a belt and live with it.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    5' 5" 1/2
    153 pounds currently
    Size 10/12 (in between sizes currently)

I know that at 148 I'm officially a 10/11
    At 135 I'm officially 8/9
    At 125 I'm officially 6/7

On that note... I want to be 125 or 135 with extra muscle lol
  • Geni_B
    Geni_B Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    For me it has been ten lbs. I started at 18's lost seventy lbs. down ten sizes in a size 8 now. However in some brand of pants I can wear size 5/6, I tried on two pair of jeans today and in one brand they were size 8 and another brand size 5/6, go figure but that was very encouraging since my goal is size 6 any way. Hope this helps. Just have patience and be consistant, never give up. I have
    lost and gained back weight in the past but this is my biggest weight loss so far but what I did different this time is not just go on a diet, but a complete lifestyle change and mind set that really made the difference for me. Better late than never. Keep up the good work and never ever give up on yourself, you can do this. Hope this helps.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    5 pounds is a pant size for me. I'm 5'1" and it's crazy how quickly any gain or loss is noticeable on my frame.

At my heaviest, 141 or so, I was a size 8-10

130 was a tight size 6 (31 inch waist)

120 size 4

115 size 2

110 size 0

108 size 00 (23.5 inch waist)
  • bobbiebearden
    Options

If you worked out, you would be dropping more sizes for sure.

I have to disagree here... I have lost roughly 50 pounds (that is net of the 15+ pounds of muscle I have gained according to my nutritionist's dexa (?) scans), and have only dropped 2 (almost 3) sizes. Everybody is different. Unfortunately, my tummy doesn't seem to wanna let go of this fat!

Edit to add that the muscle gain is entirely due to exercise.
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and pear-shaped so I have a lot of hips to fit. I've gone from 18 to 12/14 in 22 pounds. So on average probably every 5-7 pounds?
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I've dropped 13 pounds and gone down one size. I'm 137 lbs and fit in size 8 comfortably.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I was just saying to a friend tonight, "you feel 5 pounds, you see 10 pounds"

I agree! About 10 lbs was when I really started seeing changes in the mirror. It's an incredible feeling!