Serious Calorie Burning

Options
Hi Guys,

I have been going to the gym every day and working my butt off (yay!). However for the past week, I have been able to burn 1000+ calories. I thought I'd share how I am able to do that and maybe it will help someone else. At first I was just bringing my iPod and try listening to music that really pumped me up. That works only for so long I feel like. I am usually at the gym for 1.5 hours and listening to my music tends to get a little boring. I then tried to read the magazines they have at my gym. That was fine, but I can only read so much about celebrities and their lives. But this got me thinking because I am someone who LOVES to read. Truthfully, I could read multiple books in the matter of a week. I just get swallowed up by them. I own a Kindle and it is my favorite thing. So at the start of this week I started bringing my Kindle to the gym. I have fallen in love with reading while working out. As long as I have an interesting book my time at the gym flies by. I am NO longer bored. Also, when I am reading I just keep pumping my legs and I don't even realize just how hard I am actually working out. My mind is so caught up in reading the book. Also, I do most of my reading at the gym now. If something juicy is happening in my book I cannot wait to get to the gym tomorrow to continuing reading. So, therefore it makes me very eager to get to the gym and open my Kindle back up! This little trick has worked for me. I haven't burned these many calories at the gym in a VERY long time and I definitely have my Kindle to thank for that one.

I just wanted to share this with you guys. If you do not like to read sorry this was probably a waste of your time. However, if you are a book worm (like me) and want to try something new at the gym to get a better work out, I would definitely say try this!
I definitely hope that this can help someone!
-Julie :smile:

Replies

• reneejcam
    reneejcam Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi raitanji1

This sounds like a very good idea. will try this for sure.

I am the same, just get bored after a while

Thanks for sharing
  • Raitanj1
    Options
    No problem! Hope it helps!
  • KatieBug0522
    Options
    What piece of equipment are you using at the gym while reading?? And are you staying on that for the entire time?
  • Raitanj1
    Options
    Sorry it took so long to get back! I use three different types of equipment. I go on the treadmill, elliptical, and the bike. It's easy to read because the equipment I use had a little ledge that I can set my kindle on. :)
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I listen to audio books- no hands needed!
  • triciaj66
    triciaj66 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Sorry it took so long to get back! I use three different types of equipment. I go on the treadmill, elliptical, and the bike. It's easy to read because the equipment I use had a little ledge that I can set my kindle on. :)
    I will try this thanks!!