45 Day transformation

Options
Hi my name is Tara I am 33 years old I am married to my high school sweetheart who is the most wonderful man in the world. I have a beautiful little girl Megan who is 10 and a Little man who is 18 months old Jacob. I have struggled with weight most of my life. I yo yo diet on a regular, I love to exercise when I make the time for it. After having my daughter I took xenadrine w/ ephdrine and 3 months later experianced heart failure scared the heck out of me so I just ate and on came the weight my highest weight w/out pregnancy was 169 I am currently 160lbs my goal weight is 135. I know blah blah blah. But here is my big motivator on March 11, 2010 I will be married for 10 years and we are going on a cruise. I want so badly to want to get my picture taking and not hide everytime the camera is pointed at me. I want to look good feel good. So this is my plan in 45 days I want to transform myself into a new me I am trying to lose 20 lbs I know to quick but hey work with me here it was a last min decision, The day we leave I want to look like a whole new person, slimmer, tanner, pedicure, manicure, facial and hair. I know some people may think I am being ridiculous. But 10 years with my husband and it has been a rollacoaster but the last 3 yrs have been awsome. So I want to make sure the next 10 yrs are even better I want him to look at me and say WOW thats my wife. So I am trying the 4 day ultra trim for a jump start. So any advice any suggestions please please tell me Thanks so much for listening

Replies

• laurabyrd
    Options
    Well I wish you the best of luck! Be sure to keep drinking lots of water. I find the more "fresh" food I eat the better I feel. Lots of veggies, fresh fruit, whole grains and low fats. I heard to get yourself going in the morning try 1 cup cooked oatmeal, a piece of fruit or 3 pieces of dried fruit (prunes, apricots) and a tbsp of peanut butter! Hope it goes well, and keep us informed!
    LaUrA
  • khloe
    khloe Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi, here are my top tips for losing weight. 1. I lost 14 pounds healthily in one month by simply eating ONLY lean meats,fish and simple fruit and veg. Olive oil only oil allowed. NO sugar, NO wheat, NO dairy, It is hard, but you will feel amazing once those sugar bugs are out of your body. 2. Power walking is magic, push that stoller hard and see what the slow burn does to burn that chub...Keep focused, and work on change of mental state. 3. Before eating think" What is this about/" is it stress, loneliness, anger...you'd be surprised. 4. Think like a rich person...those skinny socialites think..."don't be greedy" and mentally keep themselves superior by eating very little. ( I think all skinny people, despite their "fast metabolisms" are actually very aware of what they eat!" 5. Don' go off the diet when you are on your cruise...otherwise you will regret it, as all your hard work is replaced with chub again! Prepare yourself to just eat incredibly healthy the REST of YOUR life, or else, you will be right where you started. 6. Don't get hungry, that's when the weakness starts!

I can lose the weight using these tactics, it's just that when I go off, it all comes back on...My goal is to lose 30lbs and keep it off for 5 years to reset myself as a "thin" person. You are in a bit of a rush, but with exercise and the no sugar, no dairy, no wheat thing, no nuts too, basically no good time food, just whole food that you have to prepare in advance , but if you stay sensible and focused, you will do it. Even if you lose 20 lbs, you are still beautiful....Give yourself some love! Have fun on that cruise! x o
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hey why don't you try Body For Life? Google it! Good luck your story is so romantic and if you stick to the calories and exercise and drink lots and lots of water I definitely think you can do it! Make sure you keep us all posted! :flowerforyou:
  • DaisyClaire
    DaisyClaire Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in a similar position, I'm also going on a cruise in May for my honeymoon and want to make my husband proud and myself feel great. New evening dresses, shoes, the lot. I've found this website really helpful because although making the healthiest choices possible will improve your weight loss and your health, it does go to show how much you can eat and stick to 1200 calories a day. Best of luck!
  • thennig
    thennig Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all your advice I will take all of it. The 1 thing everyone mentioned was DRINK WATER. I am doing that I am on day 3 and have lost 2 lbs 18 to go. I have however found myself extremely tired so tired I was unable to go to work today. So I think I need more vegtables and fruits. I did slip yesturday at lunch went to a mexican restraunt for a friends B-day and had a salad and then we got the free desert and I tried a bite and that was it I couldn't stop myself from eating more, so I didn't get to down on myself just sucked it up (literlly) and vowed not to do it again. Well thanks again and best of luck to all of you on your weight loss journey.
  • rdliz6
    rdliz6 Posts: 1
    Options
    Good luck to you!! Great story, btw. Everyone slips...no one is perfect!! I The best advice I have heard is to NOT deprive yourself. If you want something, it's okay. Just have it in moderation and know your limits. I know you can do it!!
  • arasm
    arasm Posts: 65
    Options
    Hey Tara! best of luck to you! I hope you reach that goal! keep us posted!!
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    What great advice...I'm game...setting a goal of a special reward...maybe for our 37th in Nov I'll suggest a cruise to my hubby:love:
  • dogmeat
    dogmeat Posts: 83
    Options
    Good luck!

Just as long as you know that it's not physically possible to achieve 20lbs fat loss in 45 days. A pace of over 2lbs per week, especially since you're not very heavy to begin with, starts to eat away your lean body mass, possibly increasing your body fat percentage instead of lowering it.

There's only so much you can do to trick your metabolism. While enthusiasm is admirable, realistic goals might work better for you and leave you with results that look better in the mirror (and in the photos). :smile:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh good luck! this sounds exciting! Keep us posted!