Do you have experience with stand still moments ?

Options
Hi everyone! Im kinda new to this site, It has taken me approximately 5 months to loose 30lbs. I have never really dieted before so I m unsure if that is good. I feel like I am at a stand still with my weight loss and was looking for any one who has experience of stand still moments. Im beginning to get discouraged.

Replies

• amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesomely
    30 pounds in 20 weeks is 1.5 pounds per week

You will have periods where you don't lose for a week or two.
    Don't let it get you down.

If it continues review your goals.
    Not necessarily downwards.

Maybe try for a lesser loss per week and allow yourself to do it over a longer timeframe
  • chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing happen sometimes, so for encouragement I find my average daily weight loss which really helps me out. So for you it'd be about .2lbs ever single day. Think about it, that's progress! It means you're moving in the right direction! You can always adjust your calorie intake if you want to see results quicker, but I think it's better to have a "slow and steady"attitude. Much healthier :)
  • TiffanyGallegly
    Options
    Thank you very much for your responses
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I have had plateaus that have lasted 6-8 weeks. They are very frustrating, but you just have to wait them out. Your body can fight the weight loss as much as it likes, but if you're in a calorie deficit, it can't win. What helped me over my last plateau was changing my caloric intake from 1500 to 1600. Boom. It's dropping off again. I'm still in a deficit, but apparently 1500 was just too low for me.