vegetarian Low carb

Options
emmalene1984
emmalene1984 Posts: 137 Member
Hi everyone,

So i'm going to do the weekly grocery shop later today and feel like changing it up a bit, what with the weather turning colder lately I would really like to have some hot/warm lunch ideas. I follow a lower carb lifestyle now, around 60g total carbs a day, lunch is typically kept under 10g total carbs, and around 250-300 cals. i am VERY sedentary and tend to eat a relatively late breakfast, which is also where I consume most of my carbs. Now here is the problem, I am semi vegetarian, I eat a little chicken/turkey and white fish, but not a lot and I am also allergic to almost all raw fruits and root vegetables (i can eat them cooked but can't prepare them myself) also I am allergic to tree nuts and raw legumes (so that's all nuts including peanuts) AND I have an intolerance to egg, it seems I can get away with it in a slice of cake or such like but omlettes/scrambled/fried/poached eggs leave me feeling very nauseous, bloated, give me stomach cramps and generally make me feel terrible. so there we have it folks, a bit of a dilema! i CAN eat quorn/ other vegetarian products that contain egg tho, so if anyone has any suggestions as to what I can make for lunches thats warm/hot, low cal and carb, and tasty and that I won't have a reaction to, please leave your suggestions here :-)

I look forward to seeing your recipes!

Replies

• Aventuria
    Options
    If you ant a warm lunch i recommend soups in all varieties. Add silken tofu or something else high in protein and it keeps you satisfied even longer.
    I usually have salads in various variations for lunch. If you insist on a warm lunch go for a warm roasts vegie salad (whichever egies suit you) that tou can easily prepare the evening before. Again here are many ways to add protein. ;-)