What happens with the calories I do not eat in one day?

Options
Hi!
Just a question. If one day I do not eat all the calories I have, because I have made many exercise, for example, can I use this extra for the following days?
I have made weighwatchers for many time, and if you do not use one day all your points, you can use it over the week. I do not know if with this system I can do the same, and make a lot of exercise the weeken, and be allowed to eat a bit more during the week.

Thank you !

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if you have the MFP app, it has a weekly net calorie figure... as long as you hit your net amount each week then i wouldnt worry too much about each day.

that being said if you have too few calories in one day you may be more likely to over eat the next, so i try not to be more than a couple of hundred under each day!
  • dianavilla78
    Options
    Hello,
    Thank you very much for your answer.
    You mean the app on my mobil phone? Im trying to find this figure.
    Thank you again.
  • martintanz
    Options
    You can do what you want, but I try not to eat back calories saved from other days, or the flip side of that, borrowing calories from the future to indulge today. That is the sort of thinking that got me in trouble in the first place.

Every day is a new day. I try to meet my goals from the day. If I went over yesterday, that is over and eventually those extra calories will get burned off. Anyhow, that seems to be working for me so far.
  • dianavilla78
    Options
    Ok, thank you very much.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    The calorie fairy takes them back. True story.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    You can sell them on MFPs black market to people who went over their calories.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I donate mine to Hurricane Sandy victims.

What, too soon for a Sandy joke?
  • Kaiukas
    Kaiukas Posts: 111 Member
    Options

LOL
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Just a question. If one day I do not eat all the calories I have, because I have made many exercise, for example, can I use this extra for the following days?
    I have made weighwatchers for many time, and if you do not use one day all your points, you can use it over the week. I do not know if with this system I can do the same, and make a lot of exercise the weeken, and be allowed to eat a bit more during the week.

Thank you !

I've been doing WW and no you can't save or use your unused daily points the next day. You do however get weekly additional points as well as earning points via activities. I only eat my daily points which comes to about 1200 calories per day or more depending on if I have a lot of veggies that day or not. Most veggies are 0 points with WW.

Many people eat into their calories they've burned off via exercise. I do not. I eat only may 1200 calories or slightly under as with my WW only eating daily points and no more. I first track with WW what I eat then track on MFP. It helps me to see how this WW thing is going to work for me once I hit my goal weight and stop paying and tracking on WW. I want to be able to maintain and not have to pay for WW forever. I don't do the in person meetings because I think they're around 50 a month. I pay 18 something a month for online and its worked well in conjunction with MFP. When I did MFP only I wasn't losing any weight.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    I've been doing WW and no you can't save or use your unused daily points the next day. You do however get weekly additional points as well as earning points via activities. I only eat my daily points which comes to about 1200 calories per day or more depending on if I have a lot of veggies that day or not. Most veggies are 0 points with WW.

Honest question, I mean nothing by it. I see this often and wonder. Why do WW and MFP at the same time?
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I donate mine to Hurricane Sandy victims.

What, too soon for a Sandy joke?

Impeccable timing. :);)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'm saving all of mine for Thanksgiving.
  • dianavilla78
    Options

Honest question, I mean nothing by it. I see this often and wonder. Why do WW and MFP at the same time?

I made flexi point plan with weightwatchers and I think you were able to save 4 points maximum each day. This is why I was wondering if you can save calories for another day.

I was wigh WW for several time, but I can not pay 45 euros each month, I can not assist to the meetings, and only online didnt worked for me.
    And I do not want to pay for ever to WW. Each time they change completely the programm, new points, new books, so I prefer to learn to eat with something free and that will not change every X months.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options

Haha, heck yes!!
  • CindyMarie_
    CindyMarie_ Posts: 122 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Cugster
    Cugster Posts: 12 Member
    Options

AWSOME!!!! :laugh:
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options

It's nice to dream....
  • KristysLosing
    Options

:laugh:
  • DontWeightStartNow
    Options

I'm doing both only because I've been on WW since January. But, since I've found MFP, I've been losing weight whereas with WW, I seemed to gotten "stuck". I am considering dumping WW.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    The week net calorie is a guide. There are actually some things that you eat which are used or stored within 24 hours. I would cautious about making up deficits days after you had one.