Eating Clean - Anyone doing this?

Options
I have started the Eat Clean Diet today...well, i wont consider it a diet...more of a lifestyle change. It will help me remove all the packaged foods and chemicals from my body and allow me to control what i put in my body, especially with all the allergies that i have. I wanted to know if there are any others out there doing this. I will be glad to add MFP friends for support :)

Replies

• imafitnesstrainerlara
    Options
    I am not doing a diet, but I try to eat clean whenever reasonable. I love eating clean. I feel so much better avoiding processed foods.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    I eat about 70-80% whole foods and the rest is junk.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I do my best to eat clean not because I'm trying to lose weight, just because I don't like the idea of eating something when I don't know what's in it. Plus, I must say it's much cheaper.

My diary is open and you can add me. :)
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    i didn't know it was a diet, and yes all my friends and i eat clean - its a life style that we chose. you will feel sooo much better eating healthy foods, you will find it easier to exercise, sleep, lose weight, gain muscle, what ever it is you want.. :)
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    just read your profile - you are allergic to my diet!!! it will be a little harder for you but if you stick with it, who knows maybe you will reduce your allergies?? stay strong :)
  • ricky_j_b
    ricky_j_b Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Eating clean is more of a lifestyle choice then a diet,
  • Aventuria
    Options
    I eat clean, as in no or nearly no convenience food, trying to make everything myself.
    Feel free to add me, my friends can also see my diaries (i'm vegetarian though, so you won't find meat or fish on my plans)! :-)
  • cassavaca
    cassavaca Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    just read your profile - you are allergic to my diet!!! it will be a little harder for you but if you stick with it, who knows maybe you will reduce your allergies?? stay strong :)

LOL. Yea, ive had to alter a few things to fit what i can eat without issues. I would LOVE to eat apples, but dont think that would be a good idea... But in the end i do think this way will be easier for me to pin point other foods i could have issues with or can tolerate if prepared differently.
  • cassavaca
    Options
    Eating clean is more of a lifestyle choice then a diet,

I agree - I stated that in my original post
  • cassavaca
    Options
    I do my best to eat clean not because I'm trying to lose weight, just because I don't like the idea of eating something when I don't know what's in it. Plus, I must say it's much cheaper.

My diary is open and you can add me. :)

Im already starting to think that the cheaper thing defn applies...thinking i get a container of rolled oats...and just thinking how long that will last me and how much better for me it is than flavored instant oatmeal packets. and on the topic of oatmeal, usually when i eat those packets i will get cramps and gas, but so far today with the natural stuff only, im feeling great!
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I hate fast food and packaged up bullshlt. Good luck.
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I aim for clean. Not a nutcase about it, but I think I manage to do a pretty good job of it most of the time.

It's cheaper and healthier, and I like to eat a lot, and if you are eating clean, you can eat more than if you are eating a bunch of junk.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Your allergy listing is rather short compared to some people that I know. Thank your stars for that.

There are soo many foods that are clean that can be eaten. The good thing is by cutting out packaged and refined foods you will naturally cut out the soy.

Clean eating is easy for me to do, but I like to eat simple anyway.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I have started the Eat Clean Diet today...well, i wont consider it a diet...more of a lifestyle change. It will help me remove all the packaged foods and chemicals from my body and allow me to control what i put in my body, especially with all the allergies that i have. I wanted to know if there are any others out there doing this. I will be glad to add MFP friends for support :)

I've been eating this way all my life. :) Funny how they just recently came up with the term, But I am glad more people are doing it. But it's important to remember too many clean calories will make you fat too. I was a 100% organic fanatic when I was the most obese. Eating healthy is a good goal, but eating the right amount is important too.
  • cassavaca
    Options
    Your allergy listing is rather short compared to some people that I know. Thank your stars for that.

There are soo many foods that are clean that can be eaten. The good thing is by cutting out packaged and refined foods you will naturally cut out the soy.

Clean eating is easy for me to do, but I like to eat simple anyway.

Yes, i am glad that my allergies are not as complex as others. I have a friend who is allergic to soy, corn, rice and mildly wheat...

The things that are processed for me that will be hard to remove is sweeteners...right now im starting off with no dairy and sugar and then will phase that back in a week or two.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I try to as much I can, I really have noticed a difference in how I feel - a lot more energy, and I never get sick anymore it seems! I'm also finding that now that I eat a lot more clean, in turn processed foods tastes worse and actually deters me from buying/eating it. I used to be addicted to energy drinks, the last time I took a sip of one, it had the appeal of drinking Buckley's cough medicine. :S
  • cassavaca
    Options
    I used to be addicted to energy drinks, the last time I took a sip of one, it had the appeal of drinking Buckley's cough medicine. :S

barf!