Digital Food Scale

Options
Mireille
Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
I purchased an amazing digital food scale this weekend that has over 900 pre-programmed food items in it. For example, if you put a banana on the scale, it will tell you exactly how many Kcal, prot, carbs etc for the portion you have chosen. It's really cool. You can even program meals into it!
I love it because my previous scale was horrible and I always had to triple check items, now I no longer have to worry about it.
For those who are interested, it's called a Fresco Electronic Nutrition Scale (model FSC-100).

Replies

• Mireille
    Options
    I purchased an amazing digital food scale this weekend that has over 900 pre-programmed food items in it. For example, if you put a banana on the scale, it will tell you exactly how many Kcal, prot, carbs etc for the portion you have chosen. It's really cool. You can even program meals into it!
    I love it because my previous scale was horrible and I always had to triple check items, now I no longer have to worry about it.
    For those who are interested, it's called a Fresco Electronic Nutrition Scale (model FSC-100).
  • cjjones58
    cjjones58 Posts: 44
    Options
    Where did you purchase it from? Was it from a B&M store?
  • Mireille
    Options
    Where did you purchase it from? Was it from a B&M store?

I bought mine at Home Hardware. It was on special, regular $70 and I got it for $35. It's worth every penny (worth the $70+++).
    I love not having to guess whether I'm eating a small, medium or large fruit or vegetable. I cut it up, put it on my scale, enter the code and I have a more accurate number of calories I'm eating. I can't live without my scale.
    Good luck with your search! :flowerforyou:
  • cjjones58
    cjjones58 Posts: 44
    Options
    Thank you for the information! I went ahead and bought a plan scale but will continue to look for your particular one. Thanks again.
  • deathpam
    Options
    Hi,

I bought this scale a few days ago and I am missing the chart that would tell me which food corresponds to what number. Does anybody have the chart and could send me a copy?

Thanks!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I bought this scale a few days ago and I am missing the chart that would tell me which food corresponds to what number. Does anybody have the chart and could send me a copy?

Thanks!

did you try looking it up on line? sometimes they have a listing on their website.
  • Mireille
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks!

The booklet is rather large. I agree with arewethereyet and about contacting the manufacturer but in the meantime if you need specific codes, I'd be more than happy to help you out!

:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Ok, here's what I found online with someone that just purchased one and is sharing their thoughts:
    "It's called a Fresco Electronic Nutrition Scale. The model number is FSC-100 (but apparently the model number isn't super easy to find on the box). It has over 900 food items programed into it. It doesn't look like you can program your own stuff in, but with 900+ items already in there, what more could there be?? For that price I'm willing to guestimate on the occassional odd item that isn't in there. AND....it's a pretty cool-looking little number. It's trendy enough that I'll have no problem leaving it on my counter all the time.

The only thing I don't love (but this might be the same with the Salter) is that you have to look in the booklet everytime for the food code to type into the scale. But I'm sure in time I'll have all my regular food codes memorized."
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks!

I wonder if you made the purchase locally (meaning not online) you can just contact the store or take it back and switch it out explaining that nearly the most important part is missing!:grumble: :drinker:

Often times they do offer a manual or something to an item online, like a lost VCR program guide etc.

Sure worth a shot to head back to the store if it's not to far...or like was suggest contacting the manufacture.

OH BTW...mispellings on my post don't count....ok? :laugh: WOW....I have no clue why normally I spell fine but here I screw up so many words, like I've never seen them in my life before....WHAT UP WITH THAT KIDS:huh: :blushing: :laugh:

Hey good luck in finding the code book without much hassle:drinker: :flowerforyou: