Just curious... and maybe a suggestion...

Options

Replies

• Crookey21
    Crookey21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Im hte bigCB, but it aint because of my waste

lol

You have large turds? Or, did you mean "waist"?

LMFAO!!!! he is the SH**!!!
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    So, based on your favorite features of yourself, what would you re-name yourself?

I think I'll go with BigBrains... :laugh:
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options

Negative+self-talk+.jpeg

I agree, and I must also note that I have used these exact words on my 11 yo son, and all my best friends...and myself. I would not tolerate anyone talking down to me that way, why would I do it to myself? Oh the lessons we girls learn when we are young...

:grumble:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I've noticed it too and it is kind of depressing, but I'd rather see people own their overweightedness all day than to see the "Dying to be thin" "Bones 4 lyfe" "Food Kills" "Skeletal Angel" anorexia-based screen names.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    MireyGal76, Your avatar looks like Rosanna Arquette from "Desperately Seeking Susan"
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Well put. I think we have to love ourselves before we expect others to. And keep self respect for ourselves. We may be overweight, but being here means being proactive to work on this.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    *Like* Really good point!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :love:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options

lol

\0/ Win
  • starfish1783
    Options
    14vrxu8.jpg

^^ LOVE this!!! :laugh:
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Lol...my friends and I call eat other "fatties" or "fat *kitten*" all the time. Helps keep us motivated to make the right decisions :D it's all in good fun
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a bad name to begin with, but I changed it to the_new_christina to have a new beginning and forget about the past. It's helped me so far!
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • nikic50
    nikic50 Posts: 209
    Options
    That is very true Mirey....Sandy, right?? I put myself down more than anyone does, but I think it's just because I'm not good at taking compliments. I don't like being the center of attention....EVER!!

You are one smart, sexy, sweet person!!!
  • starryk
    Options
    Love this post... and you're right - if we hear it often enough, we will increase our self esteem.
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options

lol

You have large turds? Or, did you mean "waist"?

LOL
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. maybe you're right!. .That 81307 has to go!. . I'm switching to 78130. .

Thanks. .I think this will help my self-esteem A LOT!
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Hrm...

Detroit is chock-full of crime, inept politicians, union thugs and a population who keeps re-empowering those folk to keep the city in ruins. It IS pretty negative.

:(

Truth for this thread: So much easier to be polite to other people; than oneself.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Just in case anyone is wondering...

I totally LOVE the sarcasm! hahaha :laugh:

@Car81307 - I think that you should maybe change to bicycleman... because cars are worse for the environment
    @detroitdarin - maybe you should change to kansasdarin... or maybe utopiadarin

on second thought... mine has mirey - which is kind of boggy and depressing... maybe I need to change? oh, I have once already... and I'm fond of it. :-D
  • RiverDancer68
    RiverDancer68 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    DICTIONARY
    Ahimsa

Definition
    a·him·sa[ ə hím s ]NOUN
    1. not harming living things: the Hindu, Buddhist, and Jain philosophy of revering all life and refraining from harm to any living thing...

This includes yourself!

You don't have to be a follower of any religion or religious practices to apply this to your life :flowerforyou: (but I believe all religions have some form of this concept within them). Even in jest, when you call ourselves "fat" "fat a*s" or any other derogatory term, you are harming yourself, even if you don't realize it! You can agree with me or not, your choice, but kindness and true love start within you first. :heart: (yeah, yeah, I know I am a hippie, but that's me:drinker: )